Best answers
cool i am going 2 try and make a space map where frezzer was floting around after namek

Best answers
Compiling

I've made a lot of maps for hl, cs and ssh I started an esf one but I couldn't be bothred finishing it well anyway how do you compile maps I've got some Zhlt compiler thing but it says every time I go to use it no such directory then it exits please help or maybe tell me if their is any other programs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WC is free. Its on your HL cd but get the most recent version on http://valve-erc.com

Zoner HL Tools are the best to use in WC. If ya serious about this go get them at the same site.

Its all free.

Place zoner in the WC map. If you need more help, and want me to give it, contact me on AOL/MSN. Its DC Darkling and [email protected]

hammer is WC latest version. WC 3.3 is just WC and i think hammer is 3.4 (I got WC 3.3 cause hammer is a &*^^* name)

Majin Vegeta 05, you do realize that flying would be useless. You would make gravity0 cuase its space so flying is useless. Ifyou wouldn't well, LOL.

And what would plp stop by going to the side of the map and smack against the 'space'. LOL

Best answers
Yay I got 3.4 and everything works fine now even the compiling woohoo!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ow and for nay mappers around here:
goto www.valve-erc.com and download Gensurf

with that tiny but supercool program u can make a map like esf_lagoon in 10 minutes!! (ex. compiling)

Best answers
I think Wavelength had the best tutorials but their site has been down for some time.

Best answers
Originally posted by dudeman
ow and for nay mappers around here:
goto www.valve-erc.com and download Gensurf

with that tiny but supercool program u can make a map like esf_lagoon in 10 minutes!! (ex. compiling)
You forget young padawan mapper...we didn't have a gensurf tool when Zero made lagoon...that was all layed out and hand worked with the vertex tool. You young whipper snappers are just too lazy ;)

Best answers
Worldcraft made my brain feel hurt

It came up with this thing at the start, which I have no idea was, but did with the help of the tutorial. It was like a form, for where your map went, or something.
Anyhoo, I got it done and wanted to start mapping, when none of the tools worked. I didn't know why, they just were al grey and unselectable. And that was a year ago.

And whats this new program that I might get if it doesn't hurt? Sounds good...

Are there anymore programs, just in case it hurts?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ya, theres another program for HL mapping.. it's called Quark (Quake Army Knife) and i dunno exactly where to d/l it..
it's simpler than WC, but wc has more options and tools..

Best answers
Tread3D is a very easy to use program that i usedta make q3 and hldm maps with, supports multiple games, VERY easy to use and has quite a few good tools

Tread 3D

they have tutorials there too just click downloads and scroll down

Best answers
Uh oh...

I made a VERY VERY VERY basic outline of my map, i mean so basic its not even funny anymore, every time i try to run it in esf, half life just kind of shuts down completely. Its weird, is this a problem i caused by screwing up something in the map?

Best answers
Yes !! im having the same problems like what you have when I create a simple map and try to run it m whole ESF just turns off on me wich
makes me so angry;( can some one please help me:idea:

Best answers
weird,the first map i compiled compiled successfully ran well with no crashes.Maybe you forget the sky brush or something,I'm not sure.If it's an indoor map just block of the whole map with a solid brush,no entity brush.

BTW,about those failed maps,I had too many coplanars,go figure

Best answers
found one

I found one, it's a very good one i must say
cool program.
Maybe, i'll better post them offline, cuse i will make them for cs.
or isn't that bad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom