how to had sprites without change the source codes?

Best answers
i know you can had a new sound for a model without modified the sources code , just by modified the .qc of the models with lines codes ; but i like to know how to had a new sprites for any animation sequence , like a start sprite for vegeta big bang attaq or for some new effect , and then how to make glow the karacters without amx or other plug in (goku with small genkidama and vegeta with final flash can glow ) thanks for reply

Best answers
tks for the link that help , but i got a problem it doesn't work , i don't know which directory the sprite should be take from , can someone help ?
below is the sprites detail of the link :

example 2: { event 5001 1 "20" }

Events 5001, 5011 and 5021 are for sprites, particularly muzzleflashes for weapons.
This example plays the mp5 sprite, muzzleflash1.spr on frame 1. "20"
indicates that sprite # 0 is scaled 2 times larger than normal. Below is a chart
of muzzleflash sprites with the number that they are assigned to and what they're
used for:

sprite number:
name - use
0: muzzleflash1.spr
- mp5 1: muzzleflash2.spr
- shotgun, pistols 2: muzzleflash3.spr
- hornetgun

An attachment point needs to be defined
for these to show up in Half-Life. Event 5001 has it's origin at $attachment
0, 5011's origin is at $attachment 1, and 5021's origin is at $attachment 2.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From what i can work out it chooses the muzzleflash sprites from the hl .fdg for the qc commands. Somehow they've managed to make it customisable in sven Coop, if the same thing was enabled in esf, that means I could make quite a few new effects which ive been longing to do for quite a while... this also means custom models could have independant sprites themselves too... I'll be bringing this up next meeting.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope you understand, This means you cannot do it, unless you edit the source code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom