HOW THE **** DO YOU??????????..................

Best answers
IN STEAM!
HOW DO YOU START YOUR OWN GAME ON THE NET AND NAME IT AND SET THE MAX PLAYERS AND THE NAME OF THE SERVER

1.I KNOW THAT YOU NEED TO START A LAN AND TYPE SV_LAN 0 THE RESET!
2.I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW TO NAME AND SET ITS MAX PLAYERS!

Best answers
Its simple, you can either edit listenserver.cfg in notepad or something or you can use these commands.

maxplayers
hostname

You start your own game the way you would any other game..then just sv_lan 0 and whatever you want to do.

Best answers
u know the "maxplayers" command? well mine is stuck at 32, which causes immense lag when so many people are on at once... i tried to change it in-game.. it said it couldnt while the server was running, ok fine.. so i disconnect the server, open console and type "maxplayers 8", then when i run the server, still sais maxplayers is 32.. wtf? can anyone help me out cuz it really bugs me

Best answers
well i tried that... originally in the listenserver.cfg file it sais "// maxplayers" and thats it... so i changed it to "maxplayers 4" (no space or slashes) and its still not working

Best answers
change it from
// maxplayers
to
maxplayers 4
note without the //

Best answers
did that, it didnt work :( . do u have AIM or something so u can maybe send me a copy of a listenserver.cfg file that u know has a working "maxplayers" number on it?

Best answers
Can we address the problem with the Beam and FX detail settings in Steam's menus? It seems that the beam quality keeps jumping between low and whatever I actually want it to be set to. When returning to my Config.cfg file afterwards, the game appears to have removed all of the added commands (for 24 bit textures, mp3player, all the stuff in the advanced menu pretty much).

Best answers
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! *orgasm* TY TY TY TY TY, STICKYFIE THIS BIATCH

Best answers
arucard89 said:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! *orgasm* TY TY TY TY TY, STICKYFIE THIS BIATCH
I think that is up to the admins to decide

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom