Best answers
im making my first skin right and i wanna know how to get the hair colour right, i tried copying the style another model but it did nt look good,how can i do this?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Check the color theme's from the other models and make sure you do it in 256 color images... also make sure you do it in your skin files... these are standard 256 color BMP files.

Greetz,

Snake-D

P.s: You don't have to keep yourself attached to any rules... what ever looks good will pass, it's your first time, try to experiment a little... Don't have to be the best at once, become the best step by step ! =)

Best answers
err.... ive seen em and its really difficult to do it pixel by pixel isnt there an easier way? specially since i only have 2 red colours(dark red and darker red)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
You can edit your colors in bmp by double clicking on the color & then select "Define Custom Colors"

I sometimes do everything pixel by pixel... I could help you if you want ! Let me know, I'll skin it for you if you want.

Greetz,

Snake-D

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I think if you're using the right programs you'll learn it pritty good but most of the time Paint works much easier cause it's basic and simple.

What color do you want the hair ?

Greetz,

Snake-D

P.s: The link doesn't work =(

Best answers
ur 2 fast i uploaded the fiule after i posted the post but its up there now, the readme in the zip tells wat i want but the term "red saiyan" should make it obvious enuf btw the bmp i sent is from another skin i'd jus like 2 see wat u do (monkey see monkey do)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Ok what you can do is turn the complete field of the hair red, you just make a red block over the part in the bmp where the hair is... I'll do it, the hair will be completly red ! if it's what you want is another question but I'll leave it upto you... now I'll try and skin it for you.... When I'm done I'll post the link where you can download it

Greetz,

Snake-D

Best answers
err.. actaully thats at it looks like now i jus wanted toi see how ppl do the details of the hair

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Check if you can get: Adobe Photo Deluxe 4.0 / 5.0

the program features multiple options which allows you to select a particilair part of the image and make it another color while maintaining hair lines / clothing rips / Skin lines... So if it's yellow, you can make it purple or something... this is extremly useful when you don't want any details removed from the hair or any other part of the image.

Best answers
howd u get it only the colour has changed and not nething else?

btw it looks m,ore purple than red

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
You can edit the image on different locations, I selected parts peace by peace, then edit the color, later I can edit the brightness and the darkness of the parts... I used the stardard options so it's indeed a little light right now... I can make it darker if you want...

But look for the program I just posted... it's useful for these kinda things !

I edit skins pixel by pixel only when I need to do eyes and detailed things, it takes awhile but the eyes are important to the model, so it's wurth my time.

Greetz,

Snake-D

P.s: You'll need to do some pratice runs... let me know if you want me to make an example with a darker part of the hair !

Best answers
You've been told so many times Snake-D dont double post/Triple post Again :\

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yeah yeah.. I forget to use the edit button ! Sorry man, chill out ! What's the problem ?

-----> Edited: I finished the skin, Vegeta's hair is completly red now, a very nice color if I might say so myself... Let me know if you need it !

Greetz

Snake-D

P.s: See, now I used the edit button twice !!! I'm such a fast learner !

Best answers
Dont tell me to "chill out" learn the rules or you'll be warned

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Jesus, yeah yeah, and what's so bad about two posts in a row ?

Now you basicly ask me to reply while it's not even nessusary....

While when I do double post something it contains something usefull.

btw, I've been told once ok... that's not many !

Snake-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom