• Yes

Votes: 46 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is just a simple yes or no question, though I hope it's fine to have a discussion on it. If not, then like always, I greatly apologize.

Warez includes video games, programs, applications, music, videos, books, etcetera.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
my 3,333 songs, several games, and movies...

but i guess some of it is legit even though it was downloaded, like FF7, which i used to own (loophole, you're allowed to have one backup copy of something you legally own) as well as some CDs.

the good games are the only ones i buy.

Best answers
All 150 or so of my playstation 2 games. My PSP is probably my greatest investment considering I haven't paid for anything on it, except a 1 gig memory card, when they were 199 dollars... sigh.

But putting aside the fact that I could get like 10 gigs for 199 dollars now, I've played over 50 games on my PSP.

I also have a huge collection of DVD's, a new one is added overnight every night for the last 3 months.

I don't really download music... *shrugs*

But plenty of programs. And PC games. I assume as long as I don't mention anything in anymore detail it's not breaking any rules. We've all succumb to it since Napster back in 1996-98 :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you even have to ask? Nobody pays for anything anymore. I haven't paid for anything in a very long time, except for Company of Heroes because I wanted it for the multiplayer.

Edit: Oh, and WoW, because WoW private servers are ****ing horrible.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm... where to start...

Video Games - The only ones I've downloaded were old games. I don't waste my time downloading newer games, though if there's a new game I want, I'll go out and buy it.

Movies - I don't know a good excuse for this one. I usually end up buying the movie if I liked it, or if I'm really interested in it (but haven't seen it). Movies that I have some sort of interest in, I usually end up downloading. However, most of the movies I have on my hard drive aren't that great. I mean, the last movie I downloaded was Dragon Ball: The Magic Begins.

Applications - Most of the applications I've downloaded illegally usually have to do with creating something. Whether it's pictures, music, models, etcetera. The only excuse is that I'm always looking to try my hand at something and see how far I can go with it, maybe even become proficient at it. What can I say? I'm the kind of person who wants to do everything; make music, movies, pictures, models, maps, etcetera.

Music -The only music I download these days are anime and video game soundtracks. However, I do have a lot of regular songs.

Books - The only books I've downloaded were related to Martial Arts, fitness, anything along those lines. The Martial Arts books I downloaded turned out to be complete bullshido, the fitness books turned out to be completely useless and outdated and the rest just sucked. However, since I discovered Amazon, I've been buying books pretty occasionally.

Anime - I'm not a big anime fanatic, so I usually don't go on a downloading spree for anime. The only anime I download now is Naruto Shippuden and Bleach. I do have a few anime shows and movies on my hard drive.

Manga - I'm not a big manga fanatic either. The only manga I download and have is Vagabond.

I know it sounds like I'm trying to make myself sound innocent by "downloading older games" or movies "that aren't that good", but I'm not. Warez is warez, thus illegal, regardless if it sucks or not.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I download games to test them. If I like them I buy them, if I don't then I'll delete it.
I do this because I find it very hard to judge games from a demo version.
I would have never bought DoW if I hadn't warez'ed it before.

I don't download movies because I like to watch them in cinema more than on my crappy monitor.

Edit: lawl@poll

Best answers
I don't play a lot of games, and those that I do play, are all bought.

All the music I have on this computer is legal as well, but I sometimes download an album to see if it's any good, if it's good, the band deserves my money, if not, I'll delete the downloaded CD and won't buy it.

All of my movies I own on DVD.

Applications I do tend to download now and then, but it's been a while since I got a cheap student license to use Adobe (also includes Macromedia now) and those seem to be the only programs I use very often.

So yes, I have used warez, but I'm not a big ass pirate. Aaayy :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a rare person that hasn't at some time...

I really don't think a single person on my floor doesn't have Limewire...

Best answers
Anime - Yeah. Of course, like they show Bleach and Naruto here. Over like 90 gigs of anime. Used to be a fanatic. <3 One Piece

Softwares - What, buy windows?

Games - PC runs only old games. So cant get them in the market at all. So i dl them (didnt try either). Not much of a gamer though.

Books - I want to be an published writer. So I'm against this at least.

Songs - Yeah. But not too much. quantity doesnt matter I suppose. Got pwned lol. Wanna be a writer, but make typos.

Movies - Some. And since I usually watch a movie on my pc before at the cinema....

If someone posts that he doesn't use warez, what say we sell his kidney for heresy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only thing I ever bought out of the things you mentioned was Half-Life.

Edit: Oh, and WoW, because WoW private servers are ****ing horrible.
Most of them are, but a few of them are okay.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guilty as charged.

I download something. If i like it more than for 1 go ill probably go buy it. If not then i'll probably delete it.

The last thing i bought was Homeworld 2 ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I download music, the occasional movie. I do buy them if I really like it though (except for music, they charge way to much for it these days, and I ussually only like 1 song on an entire album) But I have some understanding for downloading games these days. Before the euro was introduced a game was 60 Guldens (or less). Now, they are 60 euro's. Which is 2,20371 times more than it was before (132,22 Gulden) while we make less money.

Everything has gotten twice as expensive and we get less money than before.

And ofcourse I download Anime/Manga. But I would be unable to watch them in any different way, since I don't want to wait 2 years or so for official DUBS. When I can get SUBS for free (which are IMO, much better) But Anime downloading is an entire different section of 'Warez'

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Damn, not even a single "No". Heh, everyone is being illegal.. XD

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I prefer to watch most movies in its original language (english, doh) so getting/watching them online is my only option if I don't want to wait forever for a DVD release.

Best answers
Well i mostly download loads of Anime and Manga. But because there is so few of those Animes licensed in finland i doubt i would get arrested. Same goes for manga.
I sometimes download a movie im intrested in, but hasnt yet appeared in finland, but almost certainly i will buy it as DVD when it comes out, if i liked the movie. I dont download music illegally from internet, but i usually copy them from my friends when were having a LAN party(doesnt change the fact that its illegal though).
I have downloaded a few games to try, but most of the games i have, are bought or lent from my friends...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom