How long wil 1.2 mele fites generly be??

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
gees barney, try to hit all the keys on youre keyboard, that will atleast will help me reading the sentences you type :]

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reptile said:
gees barney, try to hit all the keys on youre keyboard, that will atleast will help me reading the sentences you type :]
We're off topic but I agree. People, don't expect to get taken seriously or even get understood if you don't even make an attempt to hit all of the keys. Bad spelling is one thing but if you don't even complete the words people will have trouble figuring out what you said, especially if english isn't their first language.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Maybe u should limit it. Like lets say i was fighting and he kept retaliating then at the end of like 4-8 mins the fight would auto-end

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
JoeJustJoe said:
Maybe u should limit it. Like lets say i was fighting and he kept retaliating then at the end of like 4-8 mins the fight would auto-end
JoeJustJoe, pcjoe said that that is in the mod and that there is a cvar for the length of the fight ;D .

Also, PCJoe can you make it so that when you melee knock them into the water there is a large splash and when into the wall or ground and smoke explosion?

:cry: Please :cry:

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dalte89 said:
JoeJustJoe, pcjoe said that that is in the mod and that there is a cvar for the length of the fight ;D .

Also, PCJoe can you make it so that when you melee knock them into the water there is a large splash and when into the wall or ground and smoke explosion?

:cry: Please :cry:
Ask harsens, he's making a new particle system :)

Best answers
Oh damn , that would be sweet if their was a splash. Oh and could you make it so that when you trans, it splashes around like waves

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
The new melee system is starting to look real promising, especially with all that I've been reading. And a new particle system... Sweet.... :D Can't wait to try out 1.2 myself when it comes out now.

Best answers
CrackerJack said:
Welcome to half-life my friend. :S
Thats kinda hard.
Well i would suggest they move it to Half-Life 2 but they wont so i wont. Unless they come out with the thing that lets you transfer the code, which i heard they will, but hey, who am i to say such things

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
PCJoe, how come Harsen never comes to the forums, I would like to ask him a ton of questions.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
first an off topic question: i read that 1.2 should come out till the end of this month or tn the first weak of the next month is that true?

on topic:
how about make it so that boath of the peuple fight at the same time
like in gokuden2 (or something like that) there was the rock, paper, sisors way of fighting you had some attacks and some won some lost against the others
example (in advanced melee):
player A attacks player B
A has various choices and attacks in that time B makes a command to block
and there are 3 ways of an ending
A's attack beats B's (A hits B whit the attack he usses to attack)
there equal (nothing happens to the health)
B's attach beats A's (B hits A whit the attack he usses to block)
and there isn't any attack that beats all the others it all depends on what attacks the players choose
ofcourse this would use ki and the limit is someone running out of ki ;)

but who am i to make sugestions about something i never tried before :D

Best answers
offtopic: i really dont think their ready to release it yet but thats just me and dont ask em cause they wont tell ya

Ontopic: I think i like the way Advanced Melee sounds so far

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We are NOT doing rock paper scissors. It makes no sense on a online game like this, how would you improve at it? It's like fighting blind folded and hope you hit the guy in the face. I can see some of you guys saying "well you could get better at predicting the guys movement." Heh, what bs...
"He's going to pick rock... but then he might counter my paper with sicssors... but he already chose rock 2 times in a row, he'll go with scissors.... but he might be thinking that i'm thinking that so i would be better off with rock.. but then...."
You cant predict stuff like that, probably be better off buttonmashing.

Best answers
hmm id be kinda nice to have it modifiyable or something so that if you wanted, for tournaments and such, that the melee battles with last like at least 5 min or somethin. (make it a bit more epic)

Is there anyway to bail out of a melee struggle once your in it?? Or are they only ways out by either gettin smashed or smashin someone?

Best answers
i think it should stay the way it is(but thats just me)i like the idea of long fights becouse u never know the outcome if your enemy is the same lvl or higher than you.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
shinryoko said:
i think it should stay the way it is(but thats just me)i like the idea of long fights becouse u never know the outcome if your enemy is the same lvl or higher than you.
Yeah, what he said. I think that the fights would also become deep
when playing for a long period of time.

Best answers
I don't know if this has been suggested before but how about gradin the blocker on how well he blocks? Great blocking, and 2-3 rounds you get a counter attack. Poor blocking, and in 2-3 blocks they get through

Best answers
the new melee looks like its gonna rock

block idea:
when he is attacking fi its a left bunch you havr to press left punch and so on
but you do it when he thoes the punches (not when charging them up)

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is just a small suggestion (mostly eye-candy), but i would have it so that way the more you fight, the bigger the bubble gets (no more than 2.5 times the origional size). Also if you fight near the ground, after a while you will start developing rocks below you from the energy

Best answers
gee esf is sorta lagy already... i dont want to c a bunch of huge bubbles floating al over te place D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom