Best answers
Hi, i just found out that you cant make huge rooms in valve hammer editor or your map will get an error. But if you cant make huge rooms, then how do you make outside landscapes? Wouldnt you need the ceiling of the rooms to be the sky? im really confused. please help me out.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can make good-sized outside areas, but you can't make massive areas, like some people would like to.
The actual size isn't really a problem, it is more so the ammount of brushes.
In your thread about your problem, making a big room was only one of the possible causes, did you find out what was the problem?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
probably a reall small leak, i had it once to, i got errors and and all, but i couldnt make any sense of it.
then i found this leek thats real hard to find....

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, It probably is a leak. Check where your Leak might be

Best answers
For rooms the ceilings will be a ceiling texture, then outside will be a sky. If you want a landscape program look for gensurf.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its far from always the leaks..

dragondude is probably right, if you make lots of brushes in a large open area it will be unable to compile.. also, alsways get the newest zoner compile tools at http://collective.valve-erc.com/

if you want to make a sky, put a wall ove the map and give it the texture "SKY" located in halflife.WAD

next time you find that something goes wrong, please copy and paste the content of the compilation .log file (located in the same directory as the .bsp)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom