How do you Create a server?

Best answers
I've looked around endlessly online.. downloaded "Esf tool" tried just doing the "Create server" etc.. I'm just confused to all heck. I opened my ports 27010 - 27015 UDP.

all i want is a server that me and 4-5 friends to play together so no one can join!

Thanks for your help!

Administrator
Best answers
I've looked around endlessly online.. downloaded "Esf tool" tried just doing the "Create server" etc.. I'm just confused to all heck. I opened my ports 27010 - 27015 UDP.

all i want is a server that me and 4-5 friends to play together so no one can join!

Thanks for your help!
Wasnt the tool for back in the 1.1 days? Heck, I can´t even remember. Anyway, we do need to be sure. Are you using both Steam and Half-Life 1?

Best answers
Yes the tool was for the 1.1 days. And yes we all are using steam and half-life 1!

Best answers
I should note that I have windows Xp Professional.

Best answers
Been awhile.. Can anyone help or is everyone brain dead about creating a server? :-\

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
are you using a router if so set those prots to udp and tcp

Best answers
hey if you wanna play only with your friends try to open an internet game with ports 77777 get hamaci open an hamaci server all off your friends enter there(in hamaci server) and you give them your hamaci ip on console they write: connect (your hamaci ip)
done (i do that );)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I was having the same problem as you guys but i could fix that problem by forwarding the ports of my router. If you have one maybe that is the problem so im posting here the link:
http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm
(First you have to choose your router and then half life steam server)
Hope it will help!;)

EDIT: If you only want to create a normal server where you can call your friends to join in and when you leave the game the server closes, so you will have to choose only half-life steam! That one I mentioned above its only if you want to create a dedicated server,ok?

Last edited:
Best answers

Does everyone who wants to join your server -also- have to forward these ports?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom