How do u put your own animations into a character?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok i made like a 1-2 animations now how do i compile them into the model with all the other esf animations?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah.. ya should have asked me that in the first place. :D

(lol joking joking)

Go into MilkShape.. (I trust you use it)

open the animation... then IMPORT > smd > chars reference files. (So for vegeta the vegeta.smd)

now EXPORT > Save save it under a name.. Who cares a name.. ya can overwrite the old animation but we won't.. Lets call it test.

Go to toold > edit qc file > vegeta.qc. Find the line which says charge_gallitgun if ya wanna chage his GG charge anim. Teh thing between " " is the name of the anim.. change to test.. compile the model.. done. :)

I'm in a hurry but if ya need it more detailed later let lme know./

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sry this is a bit old dc.. but im having trouble animating.. ok i imported. cleared all keyframes and im ready to start.. so i try to roate a joint and it goes all crazy when im doing it...im fighting it to get it in the right place but it never does. do you know whats wrong?

edit- and is there any way i can compile say... vegeta long trans to krillin because when i try to play it with krillin the model goes all funky

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
problem one....

A example.. i made shoulderpads and gave em joints.

its like this (and I'm soo making the names up ok?).. Body joint b1, pad joint p1 and padjointend p2.

Now when I want to move the pad up I would't wanna use p2 at first.. thinking its the end so i move that.. wrong.. cause then you order the joint to rotate around the point.

ALWAYS rotate joints on the p1 variable.. or better said... the origin.. Now it rotates cool. (so for the pad the joint close to the body, namely p1)

So I guess when you are moving joints you pic the wrong joints.. Sure we need those joints for the body but mostly not to animate it. :)

you getting this? if not I'll get SShots but I prefer not since mu space has limits.

vegeta to krillin.. yes... alot of anims are imcompatible with other models... I say aslong at the skeleton of the models are identical you can try.. I think thats not the case between veggie and krillin... you have to mkae the anim yaself.

if I'm wrong at the last statement someone tell em but i think i'm right.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom