How do I remove XP from another partition?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How would I remove my Windows XP from my partition and including the boot menu without it messing up? My main partition has Windows 7 and I have no real use of XP anymore. I also want to use all that free remaining gigabytes into my main partition so how would I do that as well?

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Use your xp install disk to enter the formatting menu- delete your xp partition from your hardrive.

As for adding all your free space into one partition- you may have to reformat the whole volume. Although the windows 7 installer may have a tool for agglomerating partitions.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah the windows 7 partition manager sucks as much ass as the win XP one.

I tried rearanging my space a bit and got 10gb free unused space right behind my windows partition. Win 7 wasnt even able to use that and add it tothe main partition when installing.

I did however manage to find a freeware program that did the job. Works kinda like partition magic. Not sure what its capabilities are on joining 2 partitions. But if they are placed one after another, then simply delete the XP oartition and extend the Win7 one. As for the boot options a short look at google got me this.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21741595-Windows-7-boot-manager-editing-questions

Seems like it can help you to. The partition managing tool i talked about you can get here -> http://www.partition-tool.com/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it'd just be easier to format the partition and use it as a "2nd HDD"

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it'd just be easier to format the partition and use it as a "2nd HDD"
Was going to do that but I'm planning to buy a 1-2TB external so I could share the space with everyone in my house. I was planning to keep my pictures and music on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom