Best answers
i have made a model that i will post here, but i need to know how i export it as a mdl file for the game? plz help me
thanks you

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since I only edit existing models I can't explain one step. Thats your prob. But I can tell you where to look to get it. :)

First COPY a existing model, preferable ESF, to another folder.. This folder will be crammed with files see.

Now in milkshape > tools > half-life > decompile standard HL model > that model >decompile (takes a few min but not long)

tools >edit qc > that folder from the model > that qc file. When opening it it shows alot of stuff I didn't bother to read. But I do know (needed that part myself) that the animations are named in there and the fps on which you wanna run em. :)

I say try, TRY to copy as much as posible. but keep in mind that your model is different and that some parts (don't ask which) need to be changed.

When doen save the qc onder a good name. (or the old one I don't care)

when your milkshape files loaded EXPORT the CURRENT animation as your .smd file.. If you wanna use existing animations place em in the folder your cq, smd, mdl and all other stuff will be... For nonanimating but just modelsaving pic a name. (check the vegeta.qc Vegeta's main model is just vegeta.smd so save as that... For a mass. its something like Ref_massn_something if I remember so this differes... again.. check the qcfile.

Then pic tools > compile cq > your qc file. Not that if you just used the ol names model it will OVERWRITE the model. Thats another reason why ya had to copy it. :)

After compile qc is down you got a nice mdl file in the qcs folder... amon with all other things the model contains. :D

>edit.. forgot a part<

Best answers
export mdl

that's a part of it, but i need to know, i have a sm3d file, and it must be a mdl file, how do i get that. That's a thing you dón't discribe, but thanks anywayl
does anybody else know how to do this?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*slaps head*

Ok.. I take you got the animations ready?

then NAME the freaking model.. Export it like test.smd

MAKE a freaking qc file like I said. Put the animations.smd in there, aswell as the test.smd in there. (how compose a qc file? find out I dunno)

After you got a qc file go to tools > compile qc > that cq.

models in the qc folder.

And my buddy shadows right. I DID tell ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom