How do I go about creating my own skin to put on a model

Best answers
I want to create my own skin but I haven't the faintest clue where to start. Could someone please help me out and give me some clues as to what I should do. thanks

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you should get a skins from the esf models and then try to redo those skins by your own... but dont show off those skins here... or get a SDK with a skinmap so you can skin models urself and you could show them off.

Best answers
A model is a 3d mesh. Start with simple rendering program of your choice (I'd go with 3d's max personally).
Every model is uvw mapped (released ones at least).
UVW maps are the flat 2d maps of the 3d model which you paint to apply the "texture" on your model.
Now, First, get a models uvw map, then if you use 3ds max , apply the uvw you paint to a material and choose to view it on the model.
That might be hard to swallow at once, but good luck!

Best answers
cool, i wanna try skinning!

Is there any tutorials or can someone plz make a tutorial for skinning (like u godhand, u seem good at it)

Best answers
jimbob said:
cool, i wanna try skinning!

Is there any tutorials or can someone plz make a tutorial for skinning (like u godhand, u seem good at it)
GodHand is very good. But there are tutorials on this site. Look here. It's a tutorial on lots of stuff but the second portion of blue text is on a full body skin. Misquitos you should do a tutorial on 3dsmax if that is the program you get then get a tutorial on skinning. Or the other way around. Either way do a tutorial on you modeling program and one on how to skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom