How do i create a dedicated server for ESF ECX RC2 On steam

Best answers
i want to create a dedicated server on steam but wen i start dedicated server ESF is not in the selection for make a server like cs or tfc or hl there in the list how do i get ESF dedicated server???:rolleyes::rolleyes:

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ECX?
RC2?

I don't know what that is! and I doubt ANYONE else on these forums knows!
go ask at THEIR forums!

Best answers
ok other quostion how do i run a dedcated server on ESF1.2.3 on steam:D dont mind ECX RC@ thats some addon dont mind that but how to run server:D:D

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok other quostion how do i run a dedcated server on ESF1.2.3 on steam:D dont mind ECX RC@ thats some addon dont mind that but how to run server:D:D
You need to run HLDS with the modification enabled. If you bought a server then make sure it has HL mod support.

ECX itself is only an AMXX pluggin. So to use that is the same as the other AMXX pluggins.

Best answers
You need to run HLDS with the modification enabled. If you bought a server then make sure it has HL mod support.

ECX itself is only an AMXX pluggin. So to use that is the same as the other AMXX pluggins.[/QU

i dont mean dedicated server buy version i mean on steam dedicated server its free but wen i start dedicated server i can select a few game to make a server for like halflife,teamfortressclassic,counterstrike,DoD,NS but ESF is not in the list and i do have it instald

Best answers
How the heck do you make a dedicated server o.o? And what is a dedicated server?

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A dedicated server is a server where all the machines resources are dedicated to running that server. ¬_¬

Best answers
I think that someone should seriously make a tutorial/guide on hosting <.<
I thought it'd be as simple as just creating your server at the menu when you open the game but I guess its not ._.

Best answers
for some reason i have the same problem your having only with esf with any other game i can host a server but esf and i know im not the only one because other people have the problem to i have no clue what the problem is so i went and bought one because i couldn't get my computer to host a server for esf

Force Pit Member
Best answers
OK guys its pretty simple.

Install dedicated server from steam.
Now you should have a "dedicated server" folder in your steamapps/"your-account-name" folder

Copy the ESF game folder from your account folder (like written above) to the dedicated server folder.

For example - lets say my account name is kim-kardishian

I installed dedicated server now.

I go to steam/steamapps/kim-kardishian = I copy esf game folder and paste it to the dedicated server folder which is located as well at steamapps/kim-kardishian

Now run HLDS and you will see ESF option to run a dedicated server!

Enjoy/suffer

YOU CAN AT LEAST SAY THANKS!!

Last edited:
Best answers
OK guys its pretty simple.

Install dedicated server from steam.
Now you should have a "dedicated server" folder in your steamapps/"your-account-name" folder

Copy the ESF game folder from your account folder (like written above) to the dedicated server folder.

For example - lets say my account name is kim-kardishian

I installed dedicated server now.

I go to steam/steamapps/kim-kardishian = I copy esf game folder and paste it to the dedicated server folder which is located as well at steamapps/kim-kardishian

Now run HLDS and you will see ESF option to run a dedicated server!

Enjoy/suffer

YOU CAN AT LEAST SAY THANKS!!
Cool that worked except when i try to make a server none can join not even when i invite them or give them my ip can someone help. I mean it doesent show up inless i go to lan but i set it on internet

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Let me guess. You have a dynamic IP. If yes, then you must use No-IP duc program to replace your IP with a subdomain. What you gave your friends it's your local IP. If you need help doing that just ask.
Best regards,
Baltzatu

Last edited:
The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Actually, there's really no need for a DynDNS-like service, even with dynamic IPs.

Depending on the setup, port fordwarding will be necessary. Tutorials on how that can be accomplished are readily available. Getting your public IP is as easy as googling for it. Even Google tells you the answer! ;)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Actually, there's really no need for a DynDNS-like service, even with dynamic IPs.

Depending on the setup, port fordwarding will be necessary. Tutorials on how that can be accomplished are readily available. Getting your public IP is as easy as googling for it. Even Google tells you the answer! ;)
Well, I always need to use No-IP Duc (or other programs) and port forwarding my network. It never works without No-Ip.

The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You're probably using the wrong IP address then. Dynamic DNS is a wonderful convenience service, but it really does nothing but wrapping your IP address in a name. In games that support it (and generally all programs with a few very special exceptions), using a DNS name is equivalent to using an IP address. Really.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I just tried with my ip adress just with port forward. And it worked. That is really strange, because until now I tried a few times and it didn't.
I know that No-Ip or other DynDNS programs just replace your IP with a custom subdomain chosen from the DynDNS site, or program (depending of software), but I was using it because of my dynamic IP.
Anyway, thanks for claifying, fuzzy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom