How do i change skins or add classes or whatever?!

Best answers
Helo everybody i am a big esf noob! what ive been wanting to do is add models to my game. i have the ecx rc2 game. the one that i want the most is the one in this link http://esf-world.gamers-desire.de/file/649/Brollman_-_Armor_Gohan_Teen.html i know put it in the corresponding folder in my models/players folder but it wont show up! at the character selection screen is there some key i press to change gohans model? what do i do?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is only a model.

To get it into your game as a character you need to code it into the game using the CCI.

In other words you cant do a thing without knowing how to code.

Its ment to replace the originall ESF Gohan model with only 1 transformation. So basically it doesnt work well on ECX with its multiple transformations. Even if you do change the normall and SSJ form models of an existing ECX Gohan. You will be left with the default models for higher forms.

Best answers
ok so will i have to uninstall ecx and go back to the normal esf so i can use the skin? And how do i code the characters into the game? Do i have to do this with all esf games even the beta version?

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Keep in mind ECX is an unaffiliated add-on which is liked by very few ESF vets.

Its designed to replace the default gohan models, not the ECX ones.... With ECX i dont think you can select default classes.

Whats Grega is saying however is that if you want this armour gohan to be a standalone character/new class (selectable at the Char Select), you need to code it using the CCI.

Alternatively, you can overwrite the ECX models if they have all the right animations. But if you do change the normal and SSJ form models of ECX Gohan, you will be left with the standard ECX models for higher forms.

You must code additional characters for ECX using the CCI. Otherwise you just replace the models/sounds for that particular class.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well first thing is first.

Youll need Microsoft .NET framework v 2.0 to even get the CCI working.

Secondly youll need some basic coding knowledge. There is a foulder in your ESF directory called CCI. In there you have a tutorial on how to use the program. But as i said youll need some coding knowledge since even the tutorial is made with that in mind.

Best answers
ok im downloading the microsoft framework and am getting ready to look over the cci tutorial. but i went back to the normal esf. to change the model i just switch the .mdl files right? i still want to add with the cci though

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Edit your post instead of double posting next time =þ

And yes, you should just have to switch the mdl files, keeping naming conventions of course. Ive messed with modifying the player using amxx a few times but havent experimented with the CCI myself. Good luck to you if you do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom