How did your Cristmas go?

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Well, I'll start...
My tree lights didn't work this year for some reason so I went out to find some new ones. I slipped on the ice, fell pretty hard and had my ass hurting for like 2 days. When I arrived home I saw that my Cristmas tree fell from it's support and almost broke my screen. After me and my grandpa managed to secure the tree on it's support I climbed on a chair to put the star on top and accidentally hit the hammer that was (for some reason) sitting on the bookcase and it fell on my left foot making me limp probably till the new year.
In rest the tree is now beautiful ( but still without any lights) and I, and my family had a fairly nice Cristmas together ^_^

What about you guys? ;)

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I was supposed to go see my girlfriend, who lives 2 hours away.

then this happened,

the roads were screwed, and I wasn't.

bah humbug

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
My daughter had a smile from ear to ear from 12am Christmas Eve to Christmas Day when she went to sleep. All the ill people in my family minus my mother in law were home enjoying christmas from the hospital. All was well.

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I've had a nice/nothing special Christmas this year. A friend dropped by, we exchanged presents, had some drinks. :)
That's about it.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Got rejected by another University the week before but otherwise pretty good. It was a family thing, we ended up playing Scrabble for 3 hours :p.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
warned the neighbors that it was going to get loud Christmas night and threw a party.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Might as well post it here too:

..pic took with my new phone too <3

(i.e: it was a good Christmas)

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I was supposed to go see my girlfriend, who lives 2 hours away.

then this happened,

the roads were screwed, and I wasn't.

bah humbug
Heh, just how much snow did you guys get, there?

I usually chuckle (inappropriately, I might add) when a city/town shuts down due to a bit of snow (read: Vancouver). I guess I take for granted that Winnipeg has a fleet of plows because we get snow dumped on us liberally each year :p

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, just how much snow did you guys get, there?

I usually chuckle (inappropriately, I might add) when a city/town shuts down due to a bit of snow (read: Vancouver). I guess I take for granted that Winnipeg has a fleet of plows because we get snow dumped on us liberally each year :p
it was only about 5-6 inches, that picture was taken the next day when it had a chance to melt down a little. (and freeze on the bottom).

but it was still the hardest anyone has ever seen it snow here.

to make matters worse, I drive a 20 year old truck with no weight on the back end. I can barely even drive on wet roads, much less semi-icy ones

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Me and the gf had fun the night before. She gave me this badass shirt and this scarf I was looking forward too. I bought her a Penguin necklace.

I would have to say my Christmas was perfect. We went to get my Great Grandma and drove her to my Grandma's house and sat with my Dad, Mom, Brother, Sister, and everyone for the day just sitting back into memories.

Saddly I cant have anymore fun with my brother (Since he no longer believes in Santa Claus). But I have to say it was great. Though it would have been great to have my friends here but I am sure they are having a good party in Heaven right now.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Quite horrible this year.

Due to the heavy rain pour we were stuck pumping water out of the houses in the area preety much the entire week. Just came back from yet another flooded house intervention ^^

Nothing like the pager saying there is an intervention to get you up at 5 AM >.<

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Im a member of the local volunteer fire department.

Been so for about 15 years now.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
Not a bad christmas considering I'm 21. Got 100$ cash, a 50$ best buy card(which used both of those gifts to get MW2 for PC), 25$ Itunes card, A nice simple black nike hoody, and some sweet levi slippers.

Super Moderator
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Pretty good haul this year,

NHL 10, GOW Collection, MW2, Brutal Legend and Ratchet & Clank: Crack in Time
Star Trek Terminator Salvation, and The Hang Over on Blu-ray
Supernatural Season 1 & 2 DVDs
A really nice Roots, Olympic Team Canada hoody,
Two new dress shirts and 3 new ties for work.
$80 in H&M gift cards, a $40 Futureshop gift card and $150 cash from various aunts and uncles.
Ed Hardy Love & Luck Cologne, Polo Black cologne,
Then a bunch of chocolate and small stuff in my stocking, like scratch tickets, shampoo, body wash, razor blades etc.

What I gave this year;
Sister: DS Game, $50 Visa gift card and 2 free movie passes.
Sister: $40 Banana Republic Gift Card, $50 The Keg (steakhouse) gift card and 2 movie passes.
Dad: Bailey's, some Robert Rothschild dips you can't buy here, $50 in gift cards for a local sushi restaurant, and 2 movie passes.
Mom: Bamboo steamer, martini glass, and wine glasses.
Girlfriend: True Blood Season 1, Pandora bracelet charm, and a Keurig coffee maker.

Spent X-Mas eve with the girlfriend, our first X-Mas since we've been dating, and I spent it with her Dad's side of the family. Her aunt threw this giant party, with tonnes of food. There was a cheese platter, fruit tray, veggie tray, oysters in a half shell, crab legs, pastitsio(Greek sort of meatless lasagna type pasta dish,) and roast beef. Then there was tonnes of dessert, followed by a secret santa. I wasn't in it because I wasn't sure if I was going to be at this party when they drew names. All the kids were dying to open the presents so when they finally got to it was madness. It took quite some time, because they go youngest to oldest, and they don't do the next person until the last has finished unwrapping and shown off their gift, and there was about 25 of us there.

X-Mas day was spent with my family. After getting home at 3am from my girlfriend's party, I got woken up at 9:30am because everyone was sick of waiting for me and wanted to open presents. So a quick coffee to perk me up and we opened our presents. Then we had our traditional X-Mas morning brunch, with quiche, bacon, sausages, and bagels with cream cheese and lox. Then my dad went and picked up my mom's mom and brought her back for X-Mas dinner, which consisted of the juiciest turkey I've ever eaten, bread and sausage stuffing, garlic mashed potatoes, 3 different veggies and cranberry sauce.

Boxing Day (which is Canada's Black Friday,) I spent up at my grandma's house (dad's side of the family,) and we had a pot-luck luncheon thing, spent a few hours with family and then headed home for a much needed glass of wine.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Pretty good haul this year,

NHL 10, GOW Collection, MW2, Brutal Legend and Ratchet & Clank: Crack in Time
Dude, please tell me you've played the GOW3 demo.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Mine wasn't so bad... ;/
Consider I'm 13 and got like 70 euro.
and I was kind of stuck infront of the PC and went in the other room just to eat. I hate my grandma and she always watches her stoopid movies.
still I Njoyed the present I got from DG;3
not all that bad
But then again.. I don't care as much if it was good or bad.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I got two pairs of nice quality boxers and a bottle of jack. Go me!

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
i got some chocolates and some socks.. yay

on the upside, nice to eat like a king for a few days and see the family.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
My Christmas was legit. I hung out with the family and had fun, ended up getting:

a GPS, a rock band shirt, a blazier, and that's about it.

Also, a fun christmas present, my girlfriend broke up with me the day after and found out she's been digging another guy while we were dating.

lol, QQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom