How did you found ESF?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I stumbled upon some seedy dodgy internet cafe hidden behind this crappy CD store (which would turn out to be the first place to employ me) and I saw some kids playing ESF 1.0.

I took a flash with and leached it and copied it into my HL directory (back in the days of WON).

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I found Earth's Special Forces back in August 2001 on Espacemod during the pre-Alpha 2.0 era (just a few months before Alpha 2.0 as mentioned came out). I was really looking for some mods to play and didn't expect that one to be Dragonball Z (as I wasn't looking for Dragonball Z mods till I found Earth's Special Forces, regardless of the fact I first started watching Dragonball Z in 1999). That's how I also began looking for other DBZ mods.

Last edited:
And then there were none.
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I found out about it when a friend mentioned it. He remembered playing it when it originally came out. He enjoyed it so much we decided to look to see if it was still alive. This all happened about a month ago, and my life was forever changed.:)

Proud owner of ESF:Final
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
foun this on the year 2001 i didnt like tghe grafiks much but then 2008 i joined the community and tryed the game my self and its awesome

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is a neat thread. It's interesting to see where everyone first heard about ESF. Keep them coming!

FP Wannabe
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I don't remember anymore, but I think it was on a LAN House, I remember playing it with my brother on LAN Houses, and it was the version which all explosions were bubbles, not sure which version it was back then, but later on I got a decent computer and HL, so I downloaded it.

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
Well my dad had a net-cafe, I used to spend a lot of time there, I spent a part of my life there xD
When he was gone I was in charge, I played all kind of games, My dad bought HL1 when it still used WON and i first played ESF 1.1 8-9 years ago since then I've been following ESF
My dad used HL1 on Steam but he forgot the steam account he used and last year I tried recovering that account... but finally I made myself a debit card and bought it.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Iv'e discovered it years ago when i was at highschool on a net cafe, it should be 1.2.2 or some.

Best answers
some guy told me about it on a guildwars forum. I made a post about looking for a game that lets you fly around several were listed one of them being esf the rest is history.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My brother introduced me to Bid For Power I believe, played that game a lot. Bid for Power sparked my interest in mods, and I started looking around for more, eventually I found ESF...like mid-2002-ish. Lurked the forums back then, while playing the Alpha on and off, until I eventually registered in 2003.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
After playing BFP in 2002, i see other mod ESF Beta 1.0 that looks like better and less bullet friendly!!!

Best answers
I was searching for DBZ for pc and come up with esf ;p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom