How did you find ESF?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just wondering how you found esf?

I'll start: Well, I liked DBZ at the time, and I wanted to play some DBZ games. But I couldn't find any. So I searched online, and found this DBZ game that to me looks awsome. It was for quake or something. And I saw some videos and I was impressed. But I couldn't play it because I had dial up, I didn't have quake, and it wasn't released.

Then years later, I was talking to my friend, and I asked him if he knew of any DBZ games, he said "go here www.esforces.com" so I went. I looked around, and it was like 9999 times better than the other one. And it was for Half-life. I was like sweet! I have that! I also had high speed. So I downloaded it. Played it. Got owned by GrOOvy (the first person I ever fought) he left, and I was like "wow he's good, I'm going to get better to beat him) And I worked at it, and got to where I am today. Now I hate DBZ because it was killed with all the games and stuff. But it's still a wicked fun game to play so i do :) And that's how I learned of ESF.

YOUR TURN!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Was looking for free dbz games and found bid for power, was somehow linked to esf instead and dled it. I used to love dbz and now I dont. The end.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I was looking of DBZ sound effects for a movie I was making around 2-3 years ago, and I remeber I read in a review of a DBZ movie on newgrounds that the mod at "www.esforces.com" had a bunch of sound effects.

While at the site, I looked into it, and thought it was a DBZ mmorpg, thought it looked good, so I downloaded it for the sounds and mod...Though I got the sounds, I didn't know how to work it, so I just forgot about it..

Much later, I found myself interested in the screenshots again, saw out how cheap half life was and got the mod working correctly. The first map was at the other world tournament and a guy wuth an "HDK" tag was telling me about wall jump and letting me blob him for pl. Back then, didn't even know basic melee existed, I thought it was just ging into advanced melee fast and then going out, but I never complained (Don't know why the **** most people can't)

So if I never made flash movie, I would probably not of heard of ESF, or not that early

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Got the alpha from a demo cd. Pc Zone Benelux.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i was searching the internet and came upon the very first dmz website.. i was like OMG OMG so i found out it was a half life mod.. i searched google for half life mods and was like yeaa! i found this old website that had information of mods and found esf in there =)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My friend sent me a link back in the beta 1.0 days. I've been here ever since, and have obviously moved up a bit in the community :)

Best answers
Someone I know searched for a good Dragon Ball Z mod, because of the fighting style, he found ESF and later on showed it to me. I played it for some time, then came along into these forums, liked it and decided to stay around even if I never really play the mod itself anymore.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Played Bid for Power for a while with my friends and we liked it but then we stopped. Years later when JJ (my friend) found ESF while checking out some servers and downloaded it. He told me about it so of course I and my other friends downloaded it and played over the lan. We didn't know how to go SSJ or really do anything like that so i joined the forums and read the stickies. (I know Im like the first person to do that). Wasn't for a while till I got half life (I was using an cd image with a illegal cd key). Been here since they released 1.2.3.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just through the steam menu <_<

But first, I was like "Earth's Special Forces? Thats a shooting game on super nintendo... did they make a mod?" So I go into it and I see dragonballs and im like wtf... and I find out its DBZ, downloaded, and <3d it.

Holy ****, 300th post, woot woot.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i found it thru topmods database site, that was back in the alpha something days

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My bro found out about it from his friend, downloaded it and was playing it so I tried it out. Never left.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I never even watched DBZ before playing this game, I learned about from browsing gametiger and doing a search when I found ESF and bam started playing 1.9 and havent left since.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I played alpha at a net cafe but not really al lthat much, just now and then. When they got 1.0, I then officaly became addicted to esf, as I also happened to be a huge dbz fan. From there i pwned n00bs and challenged anyone I could think of in the space around me to play with, at the time I didn't play online at all though because I had crap net (and sdaly, still have crap net today:().

This is why I got addicted to esf, and if you take it away from me, i'll kill you :eek:.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I played DMZ a lot years ago. Right before (unknowingly to me) Beta 1.0 was being released, some guy from the server's friend joined and they started talking about how awesome the promo stuff for Beta 1.0 looked. I ask them what they're talking about, and they give me the website. I sign up on the forums to ask how well ESF will run on 56k (my current connection at the time XD) and here I am. =O

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From friends who got it from a magazine CD (PCPowerplay)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The power of google compells you!!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I found it on a CD from something similar to SWP. Anyhow i was a big fan of DBZ at the time and i had to have it. But no connection :S. Anyhow eventualy id get HL and me and a couple of friends had beamonly LAN servers till we figured out how to melee. 1 of those friends was a member here once by the name of SSJNeo He aint playing aneymore. XD

After 1 year of playing ESF against bot i finaly got a connection. Than after 1 ear of being 56k on 1.1 i got ADSL. And that was last year ^^

Best answers
about a year ago.. or so... me and my bro were searching for a good mod... we saw ns and were like.. looks pretty cool... we (or at least i) saw esf and was like YUS YUS YUS... DBZ,... he couldnt get the hang of it after a week... neither could i ... he uninstalled i kept practicing... and i finnaly learned... my story.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No one mentioned that it was Mod of the Week on Planet Half-Life. That is pretty much how I found out about ESF.

Since it was Dragon Ball Z; I was hooked on it since Dragon Ball Z was my favorite show (still is, never get tired of watching it).

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold Steel said:
Got the alpha from a demo cd. Pc Zone Benelux.
Too bad that magazine is history now :(

I got it from a friend, it was beta 1.0 and I loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom