How Desperate is This Guy?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not too long ago, Stephany reported on Uwe Boll obtaining the film rights to the yet-to-be-published game, Legend: Hand of God. Well, it looks like he wasn’t done there. Now it seems he’s gone and grabbed the film rights to Zombie Massacre, a game so early in production that it doesn’t even have any screenshots out yet. The game, slated for the Wii, will have players driving a 1950’s convertible loaded with a nuclear bomb into the middle of city overrun with zombies. You’ll also have to shoot your way through the zombie to make sure you don’t get eaten before completing your mission. There will also be the option of four-player co-op, where one person will drive and the others will shoot. Yeah, I know, it’s basically House of the Dead in a car; and it sounds so very awesome. Unfortunately, knowing Boll, the movie will probably feature…you know what, I can’t even imagine what he’ll devise. I have to give the man credit for coming up with bad ideas that i don’t think I could ever conceive of someone actually doing. Tara Reid as a scientist? Oh yeah, that makes sense. Bloodrayne minus the Nazis and set in a Medieval era? Sure, why not take out the only things making that vampire franchise interesting? Go, Boll. I’m all anxious see what diabolical concoction you cook up next.

Full press release after the jump.

1988 Games in association with Boll-KG Productions wishes to announce a newly-formed partnership
between both companies, created with the intention of bringing the upcoming Nintendo® Wii™ game concept Zombie Massacre into the realm of film production. With this new partnership, 1988 Games and Boll-KG Productions will collaborate to develop and to produce an exciting film opportunity closely based on the original videogame property. With the help of acclaimed film producer and director Uwe Boll, 1988 Games hopes to deliver to movie theaters what it intends to deliver to game players worldwide: an action-packed, seat-of-your-pants zombie thriller.

A word about Zombie Massacre…
Jump in, put the pedal to the metal, and prepare to blow away some zombies in this over-the-top action-driving game! Players take the wheel of a vintage 1950s convertible with a nuke in its trunk, as they race against the clock and into enemy zombies at full throttle.

“We are extraordinarily excited by the opportunity to attempt to bring our game to the silver screen. What makes it even more exciting is working with a director with this much experience and expertise in adapting videogames into movies. We look forward to working with Uwe.”
–Benjamin Krotin, President, 1988 Games

“I was very impressed with the game idea, and I felt that it would of course make for an exciting movie.”
–Uwe Boll, Producer/Director, Boll-KG Productions
Source: http://news.filefront.com/uwe-boll-snatches-up-another-unpublished-video-game-license/

While this might not be a big loss, I'm getting the impression this guy is becoming a little obsessed.

Best answers
I don't understand why this is interesting... not that I'm bashing this thread.

Am I out of the loop for not knowing what Zombie Massacre is, or caring?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seconded... Although I will say I hated BloodRayne the movie... The sex scene hardly made up for the movie being incredibly terrible.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you're very much IN the loop, for not knowing, or caring.

and that's the point.

Best answers
I thought Uwe Boll's movies were just plain awful.

Until I studied film that is.

Then my eyes began to bleed.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't understand why this is interesting... not that I'm bashing this thread.

Am I out of the loop for not knowing what Zombie Massacre is, or caring?
Don't worry about it, I'm just poking fun at Uwe Boll. He's pretty much considered one of the worst directors in film. The only movies he made that were considered somewhat decent were ones not based on video games. Not to mention that despite the negative reviews and reactions to his films, he still persists on making them. While I do give the man credit for doing his own thing, he needs to really wake up and see what he could do better. His response to most criticism, both constructive and destructive, are always negative. He never takes into consideration of how the movies he made could be better, he just goes out and tells everyone they're idiots for not understanding his films.

I mean, one of his responses to some well-known critics of his movies was a challenge to a boxing match. He fought a handful of well-known critics, and beat them all. However, it was discovered after the matches that Uwe Boll only picked critics he knew he'd beat. Those without any or significant boxing or fighting art experience, those who weren't athletic, etcetera.

I remember that after the matches, he challenged Seanbaby (owner of a comedy site), but once he found out that Seanbaby trains in Muay Thai and Jujitsu, not to mention being pretty tall, Uwe Boll called the fight off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom