How come I can't get 1.1 to work?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, first, are you using Steam? Second, do U have HL1? Third: Why do you want to play 1.1, when there is 1.2.3 or even 1.3?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
..Because 1.1 is better than both of those combined?

And we can't know till you give more details, like describing any errors, screenies, etc..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Third: Why do you want to play 1.1, when there is 1.2.3 or even 1.3?
1.1 is the most fast-paced version of ESF ever. That's probably why.

And for your problem, allow me to read your mind and see what's going wrong with it. This should take roughly 30 minutes, as I have to prepare through intense meditation as well.

In other words, help us to help you by telling us what's going wrong.

Best answers
Well the game crashes or just doesn't start and yes I am using steam.

Wasn't there a 1.1 steam download somewhere? Its not on ESF world anymore if it ever was and that "reversed esf" is what started the problem so i deleted the esf file all together and just downloaded 1.1 by itself.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It could be a bad download/installation. First, try reinstalling. If that fails, try redownloading the package and then reinstalling using that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Esf 1.1 Doesn't work normally on steam, you need the steam update for it.
You can find it somewhere in esf-world.com

Also, the Reversed esf 1.1 is the same thing, actually. It just happens to have all the stuff need in order to play in steam within a .zip file.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Get these two files:

Earth's Special Forces 1.1
ESF Steam Pack 2.0

First install ESF 1.1 into Half-Life, then install ESF Steam Pack 2.0 into the newly created ESF folder which is now in the Half-Life folder. Run ESF from Steam, and play. It should work, LegendarY and I played it before and it works just fine.

Or if you don't want to play it with your friends, use WON. There are no more 1.1 servers anyway, so it's pretty much the same thing.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea 1.1 is originally a won version. Thats why it needs some fixes to work with STEAM.

And remember. To get Trunks sword efect you need to disable high quality models :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea 1.1 is originally a won version. Thats why it needs some fixes to work with STEAM.

And remember. To get Trunks sword efect you need to disable high quality models :)
While we're on the subject, what exactly does the "high quality models" option do? I mean the technical part, not the obvious part.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers

http://halflife2.filefront.com/file/;57349 (Earth Special Forces Reversed v1.1 Package)

Reversed-ESF is mainly a new opportunity for all the "old school" Earth Special Forces beta 1.1 players to re-live the fast paced action that was once so golden among others, not only is it available for the old players but to anyone willing to download and run the game.

While the bigger part of esf's community went playing 1.2 at it's release saying "it's amazing!" the fanbase of 1.1 slowly died and was totally forgotten, Reversed-ESF is the counter-attack on this and they hope for beta 1.1 to turn out to be the most popular version once more.

With major support from different people all over they proudly present to you another choice between fun fast paced action and aching fingers. Now they aren?t only trying to revive the golden times of 1.1, they also try to convince the ESF dev team to finaly get away from limiting the melee in any way. Don?t get them wrong here, they do have major respect for the ESF team, they are dedicated and created an awesome mod, just they are going into the wrong direction when it comes down to melee for them.

That's about as much as there is to R-ESF, now we suggest you to go download the mod and above all, have fun.

Best answers
Reversed ESF?
Wazzat? Just 1.1 on steam?

I'll try it as long as the 1.2 models work in 1.1

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reversed ESF?
Wazzat? Just 1.1 on steam?

I'll try it as long as the 1.2 models work in 1.1

Why. You have some preety good 1.1 models to you know.

And ofcourse they work. Youll just have ****loads of animation errors.

1.1 didnt have 6 directional swoop or advanced melee. Some animations also probably have difrent names. So i siggest you get some custom 1.1 models (they are preety good to :))

And yes. Reversed ESF is just 1.1 with the steam fix 2.0 installed to it ^^

Best answers
If the only problem is animations, then I'll just rename the anims to suit too.. woo I'm getting this.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the only problem is animations, then I'll just rename the anims to suit too.. woo I'm getting this.
I think the 1.1 models use a different skeleton too. Can't be sure though. Oh well, good luck with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom