How come I cannot play Multiplayer?

Best answers
Everytime I try to connect to a server, it says that my cl_dlls differs from the servers. Also, I keep on getting this bug where the game xits and tells me about a fatal error. Can anyone help? I even tried to install latest patch and it did not work. This is for Half Life One

Best answers
as for the first problem, that means that your version of esf doesnt match the version that the server uses.
example,
If You have version 1.2.1 and the server has version 1.2.2 or 1.2.3 it will give you that error message.

To fix that you have to update to fix it.
for your second problem, what happened when you tried updating, any error messages, system freezes, ect...?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Joawro said:
Everytime I try to connect to a server, it says that my cl_dlls differs from the servers. Also, I keep on getting this bug where the game xits and tells me about a fatal error. Can anyone help? I even tried to install latest patch and it did not work. This is for Half Life One
You have to run half-life before insatlling patches 1.2.2 & 1.2.3.
You stated that you have the latest patch for hl1? I guess those were those recent updates from steam giving people crashes or more frequent crashes in esf (witch can be fixed by deleting a certian blob file in steam if I recall and tehn let steam reupdate hl).

If your error persists try reinstalling esf, and if that doesn't work, reinstall the whole lot (steam hl & esf).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also, make sure you're installing the latest patch to the right directory. Installing the patch to your dekstop, or anywhere but the folder it's supposed to be in, won't work. Default directory is "Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Your_Account\half-life\

Best answers
Saiyan_Overlord said:
You have to run half-life before insatlling patches 1.2.2 & 1.2.3.
You stated that you have the latest patch for hl1? I guess those were those recent updates from steam giving people crashes or more frequent crashes in esf (witch can be fixed by deleting a certian blob file in steam if I recall and tehn let steam reupdate hl).

If your error persists try reinstalling esf, and if that doesn't work, reinstall the whole lot (steam hl & esf).
Hmm I had no idea you have to run hl1 before playing ESF, and I already tried reinstalling everytihing but it did not work. I also downloaded ESF ver 1.2 not 1.1, so I only needed the 1.3 patch.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.3 is not released yet.

You want the 1.2.3 full installer.

Best answers
Oh I see... But how about this, why don't one of you post your client.dll maybe that will work.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or... you could get the 1.2.3 full installer.... >_>

Best answers
Hmm, can this get any more worse than it already is? I downloaded and installed the patch and I found my client.dll gone and I need that to play multiplayer...

Best answers
Pain said:
Not the patch.
Full installer.
Yes, ok. I will download it tonight and install it tomorrow. Thanks for all of your help. I just hope this works. ;/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom