How about this?

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I have a worry and i need to solve it :p.Lets say im using esf 1.2.3. with HL and i wanna use esf 1.3 open beta models with the attack models the aura etc but i can still add bots.What file do i need to transfer from esf open beta to esf 1.2.3. folder to make that happen?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a worry and i need to solve it :p.Lets say im using esf 1.2.3. with HL and i wanna use esf 1.3 open beta models with the attack models the aura etc but i can still add bots.What file do i need to transfer from esf open beta to esf 1.2.3. folder to make that happen?
Well I believe you need to extract the Animations from the 1.2.3 model and inject them into the 1.3 model and rig the model to the animations.

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Ok maybe i didnt set this right,I want to make esf 1.2.3 look like 1.3 open beta only with models nad attacks and if i can transformetions.1.3 to 1.2.3 no 1.2.3. to 1.3.And if im wrong explain how to do this ur saying

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Demonoid's right. The Open Beta models lack some animations that the 1.2.3 ones have. You can copy the files across but, without a little work, they won't be animated for some moves. Advanced melee being a prime example. The sprites should be OK though.

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
So the only thing that i need to copy from esf 1.3 open beta folder to make esf 1.2.3. models look like,move like,charge like 1.3?The only thing i need to copy is Only the model and the sprites folder?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You will need to break down the model completely, Rebuild it insides, then put it back together pretty much.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can copy over sprites I think, but as said, models need to be completely remade.

ESF 1.3 uses a completely different set of animations that 1.2.3 doesn't use. Thus, in the models of 1.3, animations that were used in 1.2.3 were deleted. If you want to be able to use 1.3 models in 1.2.3, you will need to get a model editing program, load in the 1.3 model, load in the 1.2.3 skeleton and rig that skeleton to the 1.3 model. At least, I think this is the procedure. Other than that, it will be 'impossible' to add 1.3 models to 1.2.3 (impossible in the sense that, your animations will be heavily ****ed up). Though, I do believe that someone ported of 1 or 2 models from 1.3 to 1.2.3 on these forums...

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
any tutorial available and what is the name of the model editing program?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Milk Shape 3D and it only has a 30 day trial.

In any case what you want to do is as hard as making a model from scratch. Atleast with the knowledge you have of the entire process.

Though in the end itll still be 1.2 with 1.3 looks. There will be no lock on, no new HUD (atleast not working correctly), no charged turbo or any of that other stuff thats not visual in the open beta.

Even the 3D skybox maps will be buggy as 1.2 is uncapable of running animations on them, so the 1.3 ROSAT map doesnt have those animated lights floating round, but rather they are just stuck in the air and not moving a bit.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember that someone started rigging the 1.3 OB models for 1.2.3 at a time.

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Well that was just a question...Im not good enough at programing even though i was studying for 3 years i dont remember a thing.Anyways id like to learn how to work with different kinds of programs but not now because im sitting some exams :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom