How about making ESF into an adventure kinda game?

Best answers
You know like the story, and when you meet Raditz and all those things,battle for battle. If you're gonna take my idea then I would be glad to help in music kinda ways (I gotta bunch with Hironobu Kageyama songs :) ).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know like the story, and when you meet Raditz and all those things,battle for battle. If you're gonna take my idea then I would be glad to help in music kinda ways (I gotta bunch with Hironobu Kageyama songs :) ).
Then there wouldn't be a point in making it an online game.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Generally, it is a nice idea. But as Mirai already said. It is just too much work.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Other than the obvious reason of it being an insane amount of work, I'd like to say that ESF is ESF, not an adventure game, fighting game, or any other kind of game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's been suggested over 100 times. The team has said no to every one of those suggestions and I don't think they'll change their minds now.

Best answers
If they released a single player dynamic linked library that came with a portable document file that laid out the scripting commands available (specifically the ESF added commands), I'm sure we'd see the development of at least two or three packs loaded with manga and anime content, including single player maps.

Not only would it be an ambitious move, as it would give people the chance to be bold, and show what they can do, it would also be a move that sets ESF apart (and could possibly set up ESF for the year's win of the MDB award).

However, it is also true that ESF was developed over the last 6 or 7 years, and as such, there's a lot of code that has changed. It would require someone to deviate from his work (or a temp programmer to work) for possibly a month or more. I'm sure the team wouldn't wanna trust a temp programmer, and they'd find the deviation to be unacceptable, so, your best bet instead is to hope one day the ESF team releases an SDK.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They released the source code to alpha 2.0... I wouldn't be surprised if the source code for 1.3 gets released after 1.3 is long dead

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love how some people think making a game is so easy.

I also love how some people think that turning a third person action game into an adventure game is so easy and totally worthwhile.

Not.

Best answers
I love how some people think making a game is so easy.

I also love how some people think that turning a third person action game into an adventure game is so easy and totally worthwhile.

Not.
I'm a game programmer myself, so, if you're referring to me, don't think I don't know.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm a game programmer myself, so, if you're referring to me, don't think I don't know.
I was actually referring to, y'know, the guy who suggested this. The thread poster. But I suppose that would make too much sense.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was actually referring to, y'know, the guy who suggested this. The thread poster. But I suppose that would make too much sense.
The lil nub was only stroking his E-peen, don't trouble yourself too much. Kama still wubs you. <3

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
at least it would be nice for some small stuff; siege or something.. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom