what internet connection should we at least have
(how much is the cdkey from steam?)

ps. this is not a double post......if anyone knows, puts a number
not worth a hole post by itself

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you buy hl1 from the shops these days it's only about $10 - $20 for the goty edition (depending on region/country/state). Probably simlar pricing from steam or a tad cheaper possibly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As for internet connection - Something like DSL (but preferrably Cable or better).

Playing with 56k or worse is suicide and will likely result in a negative gameplay experience.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
As for internet connection - Something like DSL (but preferrably Cable or better).

Playing with 56k or worse is suicide and will likely result in a negative gameplay experience.
If you play on servers near or on your own location with a 56k modem, you can expect to get a ping of 150 to 250, with a DSL connection or Cable connection, you will get a ping of 35 to 80. (again, depends on the location of the server).

Trust me, ping is a big deal in ESF, perhaps it doesn't really matter in First Person Shooting Mods such as Counter-Strike or Half-life 2 Deathmatch and such, but ESF is something different then all other mods. So the lower the ping, the best gameplay you will have.

Best answers
ya cuze its sucks if u cant move or u move really slowly and other people kick ur ass..!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Gohan Ssj said:
ya cuze its sucks if u cant move or u move really slowly and other people kick ur ass..!
You don't really "move" slowly. Due the high ping, it just takes a while before your character on the server responds to your pressed keys. It looks like you move slowly, but its just all the ping's fault :p, thats why you shouldn't really join servers that you will have a 175+ ping no. 80 ping is ok still, and so is 100.. But above it really starts to annoy your gameplay.

Best answers
thank you all guys!!
i play esf at a internet cafe and i am thinking seriously of playing online at my home.
but i have dialup(56k) so it sucks!!!

Best answers
arispaok said:
thank you all guys!!
i play esf at a internet cafe and i am thinking seriously of playing online at my home.
but i have dialup(56k) so it sucks!!!
You should really get atleast a DSL, 56k costs even more than a DSL..
Atleast here. o_O

Best answers
in fact it is not becuse my internet servise is free so i pay only as much time i am in the internet;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom