Hosting a server???

Best answers
My friend and I both can't host a server and we don't know what to do.

Could someone give me some good instructions as to how to do this?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Click "Create Game" when you are in the main Earth Special Forces game menu. From there, you can setup your whole server before you are starting it. If your friend, or other people are unable to connect or find the server, it means either your firewall or router is blocking it. You should open the ports in the firewall, and or open the ports in the router in order to make the server visible for others and for others to join your server.

Best answers
Are you playing on a LAN or trying to play with each other over the Internet? Don't forget sv_lan 0 in the console

Best answers
We're trying to play over the internet. I can't get it to host because I'm not supposed to turn off my firewall, but he says his are off and I still can't see his game open. What ports are supposed to be open to host?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well first thing is first. Did your friend set sv_lan 0

If he didnt than he made a LAN game. As for ports i think its 2015 and 2016.

But im not 100% on that

Best answers
Ok, I'll make sure next time that he set sv_lan to 0. But to set a port open you go to your router's settings, right?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
yes, or open it in your firewall software if you have any. Mostly the Router Port settings are in "Virtual Server" option menu.

Best answers
Ok. Is there a way to just let people on that game without shutting down all of my firewalls? Or is that what opening the ports does? Because I'd rather not open my network to the bad people just so I can host games...so is there another way?

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm guessing you're not familiar with setting ports.. I'm not sure what you can do if you don't know how to set them.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Ports can be opened in both the Firewall and the router. If you refuse to open ports however, you will be unable create a perfect full server so people can see it and join.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom