HORRIBLE mouse lag

nge

Best answers
So... I decided to come back and try ESF again, just for fun. See how everyone is doing, you know? Anyways, I join up and I notice my character takes literally 1-2 seconds after my mouse moves for my charecter to turn. I try hosting a server, 0 ping. Same thing.

My comp can handle ESF fine. It can handle a lot, lot more than ESF, actually. 80-100 FPS in tf2, no mouse lag whatsoever. I try any other game, it's fine. Load up ESF and even when I go to choose a map when I create a server, the highlighted selection lags behind my mouse cursor. It's completely boggling and totally unplayable.

Anyone else experience this, or know of a possible solution? I just reformatted recently and don't have that old dual core hotfix for HL1 and such, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. Anyways, any advice is appreciated! Just remember it has nothing to do with lag/ping/rates/whatever.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What mouse are you using? Maybe you need drivers for it (most mouses don't, but some can get pissy without drivers).

Best answers
you know what? i have the same problem in cs 1,6/condition zero. but yet its fine in other games. i dnt play games anymore in my steam acc because of this problem. if you find a fix for this please tell me :D

nge

Best answers
I use an mx310. It shouldn't be that, I don't think. It's something to do with the HL engine. Perhaps though, I can't say what's right or wrong right now.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Turn mouse filtering on in mouse options and see if that helps.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, download that dual core fix for HL1 and see how that affects it.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have you got forced AA and AF on?

I find i get the same thing with those extra options, but still have 120 fps.

nge

Best answers
Forced AA and AF?

Also, could someone post a link to the dual core fix as every one I've found is out of date. Thanks!

Best answers
i used to have that exact problem when i tried optimized drivers, changed back to regular drivers and it worked, also press ctrl+alt+delete and end task anything there that has to do with ur card, sometimes they make u have mouse lag.

Best answers
yeah i got these problems when i upgraded my drivers/graphics card. what are forced aa and af i have these problems for cs 1.6 and condition zero

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom