Hooh, spacy....esf_moon!

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, actually my map is done. :b it's just that I uploaded it to esf-world and esf-zone, but I doubt it will be ready for download soon, since my LAST map pack hasn't even come up yet, if it doesn't happen within 4 days I just use a file uploader and give a link here, in the mean time, here are some pics of the DONE map, oh and suggestions and ideas are also welcome!:

http://img426.imageshack.us/img426/8369/esfmoon013vq.th.jpg

But I'm still thinking of updating it a bit more, since it's just plain terrain, nothing interesting, so I might add some models and secrets.o_o

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
:p Could you please upload some bigger pics, and not link to the thumbnails?

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It's just a chunk of terrain, add something that makes it stand out a little more.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Ask a modeler to model them. Than ask an animator to animate them. Similar to the old Kai in Kongs map ^^

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I already made them and they do rotate and fly around, but my w_poly is a tad high, 1800, so maybe I should ask a modeler, I just hope there is a willing one there.

Aww man, but I was the last person to post and modeling request thread...

I'll figure that out, anyways, her's a pic of the asteroids in-game:
[img=http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/4238/esfmoon00002ym.th.jpg]

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I really like the map so far.
Reminds me somehow of BlastCorps for N64 ^^

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I'm finished now, I tested it with raeku, and we haven't found any bugs/errors at all, so that's a good sign, I think I should release it to you guys, so what do you think?

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you asking if the map lags(the asteroids affecting them), no they don't, at all, and I have a geforce4, so it will work great with other computers, and they don't hurt you when you touch them, but just don't get between 2 of them, then you'll be pancakes.

Asteroid description:

Just some floating chunks of rocks, they move, they rotate and they are solid, so beware!

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
How about some more screenshots, we can't really judge on something that we haven't really seen yet.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, fine here's some more pics, just remember, my first map using one big texture, so I'm still a noob at this. XD

Here's 2 pics to prove that asteroids mvoe, note that I'm at same place but the asteroids aren't:shocked: lol oh but beware I just got killed when I took those pics, I was riding on one of them, I didn't see the skybox, kasplat!:fight:

Here's a random pic of the map:

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Looking good there.
Maybe you can make some crashed Asteroids too where are laying on the ground, like maybe 1-2 asteroids.

And then you should upload ^^

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks decent :p

Nice map.

Oh and about teh 1800 poly. Thats good for a ESF map. So you arnt to high.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
OH okay thanks, but that's without VIS, so the shadows look cr@p, I made a Vis compile then it takes 20 minutes, so that's not too bad, I fixed a few bugs this other guy saw(Raven) and it looks a bit better.

About the crater SSJGoku 83, I would if I could, otherwise it would lag a bit, that's a great idea though, maybe in the next map Raeku and I are working on, I'll kepp that in mind! ;)

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
you should make a sayin pod in the crater you made,so the map would be more unique, to me it just looks like any other moon, the map is good and all,just see if you can more dragonball zish stuff

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
donnierisk said:
OH okay thanks, but that's without VIS, so the shadows look cr@p, I made a Vis compile then it takes 20 minutes, so that's not too bad, I fixed a few bugs this other guy saw(Raven) and it looks a bit better.

About the crater SSJGoku 83, I would if I could, otherwise it would lag a bit, that's a great idea though, maybe in the next map Raeku and I are working on, I'll kepp that in mind! ;)
How about using models for the crashed asteroids ;)

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Great IDEA!!!! I have no models in anywho so I won't have any lag or fps loss at all! problrem is, I'm no modeler....:(

If someone here is willing to make a fallen asteroid or two I'd be very thankful and give you credits in the making of the map and alot of publicity(lol, bribe).

Oh and mf29, I'll se what I can do. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom