Homosexuality in Ancient Rome?

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok here's the story, in year 11 (2003) my friends were doing Ancient History and were learning about Ancient Rome and whatever. They had this project to do which they ended up doing a movie of. Most of it was educational stuff to get marks for the project but a few bits and pieces were hopelessly hilarious.

Now, finally I have obtained a copy of the video and after editting the crappy bits out I bring you wonderous world of Ancient Rome.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Am2SbqNSmxA

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XCeuxdiG00s&feature=user

Oh btw, watch them in order.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I watched the first one and half of the second one.

No offense Rocky, but I want my 5 minutes back :(

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Homosexuality is actually quite common in history, but has been frowned on by alot of people as un-natural ( especially, but not limited to, religions )

Though, it's something that also seems to happen in the animal kingdom aswell.
So is it really that unnatural?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't believe homosexuality to be immoral, I could'nt (typo :eek:) care less if someone was ***, but just because it was common in ancient rome, athens and sparta doesn't really mean anything. You have to keep in mind that it was also acceptable for a grown man to have sex with a young boy in Sparta.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't believe homosexuality to be immoral, I could actually care less if someone was ***, but just because it was common in ancient rome, athens and sparta doesn't really mean anything. You have to keep in mind that it was also acceptable for a grown man to have sex with a young boy in Sparta.
Certain religions still don't look to close at age these days.
Not much has changed.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Umm...this wasn't a serious discussion thread it was supposed to be a funny video thread, but you all hate it so I'm gonna go and hide away now.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now that'd be a sight...300 *** Spartans fighting 10,000 straight Persians. I call for a sequel to 300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom