Homefront - a modern FPS without Russia as our enemies!

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trailer:
[video=youtube;l5UJjylVsdk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5UJjylVsdk[/video]
MP Gameplay:
[video=youtube;4mEtwaFLIPQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mEtwaFLIPQ[/video]

It was stated in an interview with the design director of Homefront, David Votypka, by G4TV that the game will be based around guerilla style tactics, the gameplay for which is inspired by Half-Life 2.
^^^^^ I was thinking that while watching the video "Hmm, looks like HL2..."

Homefront's PC version has been outsourced to Digital Extremes, a Canadian developer responsible for numerous Unreal Tournament games and Bioshock ports. Frank Delise, the executive producer of the PC version has stated that the PC version of the game will feature exclusive content and dedicated servers. Additional exclusive features include clan support, DirectX 11 graphics, and first person vehicle ****pits. It has also been confirmed that Homefront will be released on Steam.
Homefront is set in a near future America in 2027 when a now-nuclear armed Korean People's Army invades the USA. The game is written by John Milius, who co-wrote Apocalypse Now and wrote Red Dawn. The beginning gameplay is reportedly set in Montrose, Colorado.[3]

One of the major portions of the story arc is built around not only the growth of the North Korean forces over the years leading to the year 2027 (the year in which the game takes place), but also the economic downfall of the United States of America, and the unrest that seems to grip the nation before the invasion

The backstory for Homefront was written with the help of CIA consultants who focus on potential attacks on the United States. Said Tae Kim, a former CIA field agent on the game's backstory, and a consultant: "we went to a very rigorous, academic research process to make sure to not only look at North Korea's current state but to look at historical examples how things could parallel and turn events. History repeats itself. From today to the day the invasion starts in the game, if you combine everything, the odds are very very slim this becomes true. But when you look at the storyline step by step, every step is a coin flip but a plausible step. So once you get there, it's plausible. And from there the next step is plausible as well. Even though the whole thing is fictional, it comes with plausible baby step

Well, I am a wee bit curious to see how Korea takes America over, considering, well, our allies in Britain, Russia, Germany...ectera, they're not mentioned at all in any of the info I dig up...

I mean I can believe America falling, no Country is invincible, I know Russia is over-done, but Korea? Korea taking over the US?

Sheer numbers do not a win a war, so I am -very- interested to see how this goes in game, I like intellectual storylines; but I hope this isn't "Korea had a super secret weapon that ensured dominance"

And I hope they mention our allies, because they alone could beat Korea, I am pretty sure. I realize it's a video game, but it involves real world nations n such, so yeah.

Looks to be pretty good compared to the Call of Duty series.

For Multiplayer:

The multiplayer component of Homefront is focused on large-scale vehicle based combat reminiscent of Kaos' first title, Frontlines: Fuel of War. The defining innovation of Homefront MP is its battle points system, which is an in-game currency that allows player to purchase weapons, gear and vehicles. Players earn points by taking objectives and getting kills and are forced to choose between many small purchases versus larger big ticket items like helicopters and tanks.
The game will also feature vehicle based 32 player online warfare using dedicated servers.

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just imagine it taking place in an alternate universe in which Korea doesn't suck as much.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I imagine the weapons will work like Call of Duty, the vehicles will work like Battlefield, and they'll use that squad thing that Medal of Honor tried to.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see anything wrong with the "super secret weapon to turn the tides" plot device. I love those.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can never really have a Realistic game for an FPS.

This game does look great though! Kinda looks like the only good thing about MW2. The story!

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can never really have a Realistic game for an FPS.

This game does look great though! Kinda looks like the only good thing about MW2. The story!
What? MW2's story? Good?????

How? It was like...nothing happened. You end the game and it's like nothing happened. Call of Duty has never been great on story. This looks like it's not going to be too much different with the story, but it'll have great atmosphere.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here is your Realistic FPS.

[video=youtube;A5tRNs2X5Q4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5tRNs2X5Q4[/video]

Haha released right after MW2 came out.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Relative to Call of Duty, sure. Relative to reality? Not so much.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it's impossible.

ArmA and ArmAII are considered the most realistic; as the Military uses a modified version of it for battle simulation.(That's how the game came about, the studio was hired to make the Engine / Game for the Military, then they made a watered down version for the public)

It can be frustrating at times, but I understand why people like it...you can have several thousand bots on the map at once...along with like 32 human players, miles of open space...it's interesting, but at the recommended requirements you can just barely play low.

I have roughly 4x the recommended requirements for the first game, and on Normal for it, I get like 25FPS. It's very intensive.

[video=youtube;Jmdz-Ka1O4Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmdz-Ka1O4Q[/video]

I remember hearing some people say it takes like 10 hours to cross the entire map by foot.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it's impossible.

ArmA and ArmAII are considered the most realistic; as the Military uses a modified version of it for battle simulation.(That's how the game came about, the studio was hired to make the Engine / Game for the Military, then they made a watered down version for the public)
Source?

Edit: Nvm, found it.

After reading up on VBS1 and 2, I'm confident in saying neither I nor anyone I know will ever have the opportunity to use that in conjunction with actually doing it in the field.

Last edited:
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Source?

Edit: Nvm, found it.

After reading up on VBS1 and 2, I'm confident in saying neither I nor anyone I know will ever have the opportunity to use that in conjunction with actually doing it in the field.
Actually Nix, you can get them.

At a VERY VERY EXPENSIVE PRICE. I know of one ArmAII Fanforum where this guy and a bunch of other fans pooled together and bought the license to use it, cost them...like 2500$. It costs a few hundred extra depending on what perks you want. Someone told me it's like 500$ extra to add British Weapons.

I would never do it, but there are some really nuts Arm Chair generals. Of course...there is the ability to pirate it. But amazingly enough due to it's price, and rarity, there is only a buggy version without any features up for download. So yeah, it's not exactly something anyone can obtain without paying an arm and a leg.

Or just pay like 30$ and get ArmAII, the next best thing.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not saying I couldn't acquire it for personal use. There's nothing I can't acquire for personal use, including dragon skin body armor and a SCAR. I just can't use it when it comes to actually learning and doing my job. The Corps will never give me the chance to use it in conjunction with actually training out in the field. More often than not, leadership feels its better to actually do it and make mistakes in the act than to attempt to go over the tactics virtually or on an eraser board, which I don't disagree with unless it comes purely to learning tactics, such as CQB/AUC. Even then, it makes more sense to actually do it because knowing you need to check your corner and actually checking your corner in a room aren't the same.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah ok, didn't get whatcha meant.

Yeah, it's best to actually do things, but simulations help out in their own way, too, I'm sure. Large scale tactics and such.

But the Dragon Skin body armor? you can? I heard that was banned from the Military, at the least the U.S Military, not sure what you're in.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not saying I couldn't acquire it for personal use. There's nothing I can't acquire for personal use, including dragon skin body armor and a SCAR. I just can't use it when it comes to actually learning and doing my job. The Corps will never give me the chance to use it in conjunction with actually training out in the field. More often than not, leadership feels its better to actually do it and make mistakes in the act than to attempt to go over the tactics virtually or on an eraser board, which I don't disagree with unless it comes purely to learning tactics, such as CQB/AUC. Even then, it makes more sense to actually do it because knowing you need to check your corner and actually checking your corner in a room aren't the same.
You can't switch out body armor or your issued weapon with something you've purchased on your own.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, missed that part, lol.

But yeah, damn regulations, I get why...but still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom