HOLY ****ING **** WATER FOUND ON THE ****ING MOON!!!!1!!!!

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hurraaaaaay! Let's move on the moon ^^
(joking of course).

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well to be honest, that was kinda to be expected.
Seeing how the moon used to be part of the earth and all.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well to be honest, that was kinda to be expected.
Seeing how the moon used to be part of the earth and all.
Perhaps I'm out of the loop (as the last planetary science course I took was 4 or 5 years ago), but I was under the impression that the moon being a former part of the earth was a theory that, as yet, has not been proven (along with the theory that it was a non-accreted chunk of material that was part of the collection of material that formed the Earth, and the theory that the moon was captured by the Earth at some point during the formation of the solar system).

But, as I said, that was the going belief as of 2004/2005. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and i thought it was one of them threads with pics like this..

in short terms what does it say on that site? (and dont say "zomgsh, w4ter on t3h m00n")

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Perhaps I'm out of the loop (as the last planetary science course I took was 4 or 5 years ago), but I was under the impression that the moon being a former part of the earth was a theory that, as yet, has not been proven (along with the theory that it was a non-accreted chunk of material that was part of the collection of material that formed the Earth, and the theory that the moon was captured by the Earth at some point during the formation of the solar system).

But, as I said, that was the going belief as of 2004/2005. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Hasn't been proven.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So what can possibly be done with that water ICE? Even if there is ICE, the moon's gravity is not propitious to hang an atmosphere.

Good discovery though, it's always useful to understand and study previous things that happened. An I'm sure they'll find some use for it.

Best answers
Nah....it was as surprising to me as snow in Siberia...I kinda always knew that there'd be water....it was my prophecy..uh...PJ...

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
forty is angry at those who want to "use" just found moon wells

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With comets made out of ice flying round space. Tell me you seriously didnt think there would be no water there >.<

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Yea, and there is flowing water, forest trees and blue skies on Mars. So?
The idea is that there is much more out in our solar system that we haven't been told about. "Why?" some of you might ask. Well, either they think that we aren't that ready to accept some of those things or it's just to important for us to know.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont think about stuff like that.. Im more into aliens and stuff.. not water

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why are people talking about the *use* of water on the moon..? Of course it's not going to serve any use to us that's not important, the important part is understanding the moon and where it came from
I made a joke and i guess that's why.

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Provide examples.
How can I give a example about something I don't know about?
There are so many moons orbiting the gas giants that we didn't hear almost nothing of. EX: Europa and Titan. We know very little about them and probably NASA knows a hell of a lot more.

Who are "they?"
NASA and ESA

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How can I give a example about something I don't know about?
Then, why did you bring it up?

There are so many moons orbiting the gas giants that we didn't hear almost nothing of. EX: Europa and Titan. We know very little about them and probably NASA knows a hell of a lot more.
What does NASA know about Europa and Titan that we do not or are incapable of finding out?

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
What does NASA know about Europa and Titan that we do not or are incapable of finding out?
They might have sent probes there and gave them data about the moons that they might have not shared with the public.

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I dont think about stuff like that.. Im more into aliens and stuff.. not water
Water is the prerequisite for life to exist. So no water, no aliens. There's even rumors that they've lived on Earth for as long (or longer) as we've had in places inaccessible to us, beyond the Challenger Deep or inside volcanoes. We could very much be an advanced civilization's biological experiment.

I personally find this a huge step in mankind's progress into a better species. Living on the moon will be, undoubtedly, a constant reminder of our limitless potential. (gman anyone?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom