Hollow sphere tutorial

Best answers
This is the first time I'm making a tutorial. Anyway it is about how to make a hollow sphere. Here goes:

1. First go and select the 'Block Tool' and then go to Objects drop down and select 'arch'.

2. Then place it somewhere in the 2D viewports. When you let go off the left click there should be a pop up. In the pop it sais 'Number of Sides:' set it to 16 (it depends on how round lookin you will have your sphere to look, and I recomend that you don't go above 16, because it will lag) and click 'OK'.

3. With the 'Block Tool' still selected, go down to the drop down again and change it to 'cylinder'. Set the 'Faces:' to 16 and draw it over your arch. Go to 'Tools' at the top menu and go to 'Transform' select rotate mode and set the X value to 90 and click 'OK'.

4. Your cylinder have rotated 90 degrees. Place the cylinder so you have somthing like this:

5. Change the grid size to 32. Then select the arch and select 'Clip Tool'. Clip it so you have something like this:

6. With the whole arch selected click at the 'Vertex Tool'. Select one whole row of vertics. Then press 'alt+e' and a pop up box will appear. In the box it sais 'Scale:', click at the arrow that points down and click ond that until the vetics matches the vertics on the cylinder.

7. Do that with the other vertics so it fits the cylinder. The top vertics sould be scaled down to 0. When that is done select the cylinder and delete it. You should have something like this now:

That is that. That was my tutorial about hollowed spheres, I really hope there is someone there can use this tutorial.

If you have any questions about the tutorial you can PM me or add me on MSN: [email protected]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm that screams LAG if u ask me ^^ i'd say use triangles to build it and just vertex maniuplate

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
imkongkong said:
hmm that screams LAG if u ask me ^^ i'd say use triangles to build it and just vertex maniuplate
What he said.

As I said before, learn triangle mapping, the results are always better.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then you would take away detail that might be needed. With triangles you are in full control. And the shapes in your sphere are all 4 angular. With 3 angular shapes you can creat the same detail with less brushes/faces.

Best answers
The farest I know, doesn't it lag that much with a side number on 16. But if you go above it will lag much much more.

Best answers
maybe it doesnt lag for you but it defenitly will for ppl with slow comps, joining kong and cold use triangles.

Best answers
That is up to you guys what you will use. And btw my com is a slow old one.

*Close

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom