hmmmm...

dor

Best answers
the swop of esf is not good in my opinion..
so plz make it like this..
whan you go for any direction you fly in normal way..
but whan you press forward botten + SHIFT botten it swop any time you press this two together.........

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You want to turn the double-tap swoop, back into the holding down something swoop?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sigh, that won't happen - if it does I'm not playing ESF anymore! Only people who would suggest this are those who didn't bother to learn chain swooping =/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think i'd prefer it like this, but holding down a button for swooping requires an extra finger :S

I think swooping should be automatic when the aura's on (i.e one tap swooping) as doubletap swooping is stodgy and sometimes unresponsive. You'd still be able to chainswoop, and hopefully tele-swoop too.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The double tap system seems to be working fine, ive never heard anybody that has any difficulty using it. So I think its going to stay as is.

Best answers
I still think people have managed to go around that ruling. Its almost as if they've assigned keys that allow them swoop, by pressing it once.

I'm going to assume thats impossible since it would place the people who know how to do that well above the other players (which is true, because the players that seem to know how to do this get about a 40:3 ratio)

I've only figured out one way to emulate how increbily fast and seemingly without pause they swoop...(I think you guys who have played may have encountered people who are able to swoop vertically 360 degrees around u then smack u from above...yeah)

basically, double swoop forward, then with one finger holding down W, press A (or any other button twice) Your swooping won't stop and you'll change direction. Then with one finger holding it down, press another direction twice. I've linked this method to swoop infinitely until my ki meter ran out.

I'm not sure if thats how these uber swoopers are doing it, but if they are, and you can't reassign buttons to press twice or something, then thats gotta be the only way.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually having a instant doubletap swoop wouldnt be so hard to create i think...just bind forward 2 times on a key...thats how in the old 1.1 days ppl swooped to someone, kicked em up hi in the air and teleported (with a 5 time teleport binded key) and smash em down...sweet combo....aahh the old days

oh and that doubletap swooping twice what u were talkign about "someone" is chain-swooping, if u read the manual u would know its a feature...

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
The only time I've had problems with the double-tap swoop is when I tap too fast and it doesn't swoop. I think you should be able to swoop down too.

Best answers
binding, thats what I was looking for. And your right about the chain swoop thing...last time I read the manual was the day 1.2 came out...didn't read that TINY little blurb. seriously, it was like a couple words.

Anyway...binding, not possible in 1.2 or what? I've seen some pretty efficient combos pulled off by people time and time again without error. Then again, I've also seen someone bind a message to a key, so I don't think its impossible.

If it is doable, how would I go about doing that?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The double tap system seems to be working fine, ive never heard anybody that has any difficulty using it. So I think its going to stay as is.
well people have had a LITTLE bit of difficulty but its not really that big of a deal what i mean is that if you get just a small ammount of lag the keys wont register fast enough to do it theres a few other problems to but i forget what they are

Best answers
Eh, the only problem I've encountered with the double tap system is that I get some festy delay of about a second or two before the swoop kicks in, like DarkOwns said. Other than that, I think it works pretty well.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i tought binding was in the console (tho i dont know if its possible in steam, since i cant play esf anymore...cos of steam) if im right its:

bind [key] [command]

so u could do:

bind t teleport;teleport;teleport

that was (i tought) the "famous" triple teleport so u could smash someone twice in a cool way in the old 1.1

Best answers
ah thank you, I was unaware of the semicolon usage. But is there a list of console commands I can find somewhere, because I couldn't even type what was needed for move forward. dunno whats supposed to be written there as a valid command that the console recognizes.

thanks in advance.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i had a suggestion for swooping that was ok, had 3 options you could change in options, singletap,double tap, or toggle. i personally liked the hold shift and press direction. No itt wouldnt last forever, it would be normal untill you run out. this would make for quicker responses in the chains. just use your pinkie for shift and your 3 fingers for directions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom