Hmmm?

Best answers
I dont no about this but.... i was thinking of a "Big" map like in half life,Counter-strike,NS ect... so the players could wonder around the map and play in a bigger area.

Best answers
and what map?
some special area of a dragon ball episode?

btw is it possible to get bigger maps than arrival?

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
So is this a request for a big map or is this what you pan on doing?

If this is a request, then you want to go here---> http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=56015

And to let you know, the max size of an esf map is arrival.
xD why do people keep thinking arrival is the max size?

Every esf map uses the max map size, it's just that some of them are more filled up with lmountains or buildings, which makes them seem smaller, but they are not.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, for some reason they just think all the maps are different sizes, they're the same!
Okay well, can't make map bigger UNLESS you make links, can't remember how, but you can go into on map and then you go into some entrance thingy then you get telported into another map, but then there will be loading times while you're playing, so it's actually not possible with online games(remember in Half life 1, then there are loading times while you're playing? well it is that.)

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's possible all the way, however it's a ***** to code, and second, a lot of people would run away from fights by going to another map. So it's pretty much useless, unless it's for a single player mod which i highly doubt will be created for ESF. So ehm yeah, useless ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, true.....
But I can make an object outside of the grid lines, create it inside, but then move/stretch it outside, but then there gets an error, lol, just kidding, bt that would be cool if it worked though.
Can I just ask, you know they say that the skybox should be 64 units(I think( away from the end, what are they meaning by that? do they mean that the skybox should be 64 squares of the smallest grid away from the end?
Please help me on this, I'm confused.

Best answers
64 sqaures away from the end is waht that means. i have no clue of this theory seeing my maps only use 1 third of the grid

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, sam ehere, but I don't ever try it in anyway too, becase it's too big for me really.
I wish we could make bigger maps, then we can make earth or something, but then ALOT of mappers come together to make one map, but no loading times, this map would be like 30mb, Hl2 can probably make much bigger maps, if only we had the size of hl2 maps then i'd be happy.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If im right than 64 units is about the size of 2 Goku models in hammer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you serious? okay, well if so, then that's cool, but how do you know that? can I make a map, then I just make it one of the hugest gridlines away from the end, or how? can you show me a pic of the biggest it can go please?

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yep yep, 64 units away from the boundary in VHE. If you move it closer you'll get leak errors, something I learned the hard way a few years ago. Took me 3 weeks to get a map to compile :x

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, so that's why my cave map never worked, bastard, it was my best map ever, I still don't know how I made that map, I probably did it in my sleep, I miss that map, sadly I deleted it.....:(
I though there was some object that I couldn't see outside somewhere, NOOO!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom