hmmm...install help...

Best answers
When i downloaded the install for ESF it was 4 min's,then when i installed it to my steam folder it gave me a option of only MP3's to uncheck,is it suppost to be like this?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes it is ... maybe you're leecher (like me) who DL always full version for all on next LAN ... then they don't need to DL it ... or install it when they doesn't know the game
but if you'Re on low connection (dial up for example) you can download the ESF B1.1 installer without MP3 (this is a few MB smaller) ... or (if you have B1) the B1 --> B1.1 patch (not recommend ... I'm still thinking that it doesn't work fine)

there's nothing else you could cut out of the installer ... everything else is needed ... so it everytimes install ESF and just the MP3s are optional

Best answers
Ok,thank's,well can i play it with steam or do i need the full ver of Half-Life?

Best answers
Yes, you can use Steam. With Steam you don't need the update to HL. Steam automatically takes care of all the updates for CS, HL, DOD, ect. But it's still good to have the update installed just incase.

Best answers
k ile ask my friend to help me install it on steam later.

Best answers
man how do i install this on steam =(,man.caus i dont have the full retail of HL or any thing how do i install it on steam? =(.

Best answers
Edit posts, dont double post alright bud?
Anyway, Steam dosn't do the greatest job at supporting third party mods yet such as ESF, what you need to do is download ESF, install it to your Steam/SteamApps/[email protected]/Half-Life/ folder.
After that ESF SHOULD show up on the games menu under '3rd Party Mods'. There aren't many servers up as of yet but it should be growing more soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom