Hmm problem i have been having for some time when installing new drivers...(ATI)

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey Smith|, everyone

I have been having some problems everytime I try to install new ATI Drivers... now I am getting fed up of seeing the errors when i am looking for an improvement.
Here are the errors I am getting through-out previous updates.

Please, someone help... :)

Thanks in advance!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you uninstalled your old drivers, did you run Driver Cleaner before you installed your new ones? If not, you should go back and and do that.

http://www.drivercleaner.net/

You could also try installing a different set of drivers, like the Omega Drivers (I recommend that if you haven't done so anyways, there really good drivers).

www.omegadrivers.net

Unfortunately, I don't know what else you could do, sorry.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks Hash, Kurt :)
I will try this now, are you meant to uninstall your previous graphic drivers before installing new ones? O_-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jayster said:
Thanks Hash, Kurt :)
I will try this now, are you meant to uninstall your previous graphic drivers before installing new ones? O_-
Always uninstall your previous drivers before you install new ones. It's the safest way to do things.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its working now, I get a "zero display error" but everything installed properly after that! :)

My 3dMark 2001 Score was 23564 :), I think it still leaves me highest on the forum ;)

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, nice score AND specs. My new PC has a better CPU than you, but half the RAM. Mostly same specs otherwise. (Oh, and 2x1024 is 2048, not 2046 =P )

*bows to you*

EDIT: Ha! Fifa 2005.

WE all the way!

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I did think it would be 2048, but when I ran "dxdiag" in 'run' it told me 2046...ah well.

Yeah, my CPU is good, its a shame it is 754 socket though, I would like to move up to Socket 939... 64 FX..now theres something :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/me wants jayster's pc (wheres my gun , i think david has it >_<)

i'm still deciding between a 6600gt agp or a whole system change to a venice 3200+ & a new pc-ie mainboard at the moment (if i get my pc sold it's a definite 3200+ time , but i wish i was a ritch lucky school kid like the rest of you with your bling and your pile of gold and your rich expensive eating habits)

the ati drivers are going through some pretty good tweaks atm , so me (if i can afford atleast some x800) will get an ati card and see the difference of better drivers for myself

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We're not rich, we just have jobs. I'd recommend an nForce 4 SLi motherboard for you, and a good nVidia card. nVidia is getting nasty with dual GPUs, and if you buy a new PC without a SLi mobo you're just screwing yourself over for the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom