Hmm? ( *** damn it, go on topic sheesh)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, i deleted my other thread, now, get back to topic. Like I said, I dont want to hear the bs, and I gaven my reasons. Now...
- NO DRAWOVERS.
- NO GOING OFF TOPIC.
- NO FLAMING OR SPAM! <yeshhh yummy salty meat>
- Seriosuly enough guys. I don't care if Sirken did try to help me. But I didn't want draw overs, and wanted it off.
- And ....Get this topic cleaned.
Now...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So what do you want us to do, praise you?

The smudging is off. Your highlights look like clouds rather than shine. Try sharpening it some and use more than orange, brown, and light orange.

Best answers
I don't like how the folds are, to much color variation and to much contrast. The folds need more blending also.

That may look good like that but when put on a model it would look horrible unless the model had that many folds modeled on.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ice Man said:
So what do you want us to do, praise you?

The smudging is off. Your highlights look like clouds rather than shine. Try sharpening it some and use more than orange, brown, and light orange.
See guys? Thats the type of CRITIZEM I WANT! *shouts* YEAH!*
But...what do you mean sharpining? *looks dictionary*

sirken

S
goto Paintshop Pro and goto Sharpen lol faster and easy to do

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basically. wait i'll find that little tut sheet i had a long ways back, it should help out some.

anyways check your pm box

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm..the sharpen filter mess it even more.. what ever, im going to make another one.

Best answers
Hmm, That is the style I use to make folds, most of the times , and uhm , it's way off . I've never seen pants with ubershadow on one side and uberlight in the middle . Try getting some variations to it so it actually looks like pants . Also consiter using brushes a bit more .

And if you posted this topic , and want no draw overs and pointers, IMO your wasting bandwith on the forum . This is what model/skin section is used for . getting propper crits and pointers . Good luck .

Best answers
Sorrow said:
Hmm, That is the style I use to make folds, most of the times , and uhm , it's way off . I've never seen pants with ubershadow on one side and uberlight in the middle . Try getting some variations to it so it actually looks like pants . Also consiter using brushes a bit more .

And if you posted this topic , and want no draw overs and pointers, IMO your wasting bandwith on the forum . This is what model/skin section is used for . getting propper crits and pointers . Good luck .
@Sorrow, feeling UBER today? :)

That is exactly why I said it would look horrible on a model, with dark almost black sides and blinding centers, *faints*.

Best answers
Oh sorry, I never read too much . I only read the posts unknown made before making my comment ^^ . Now let's not go off topic , keep it clean so the thread stays open .

Best answers
Sorrow said:
Oh sorry, I never read too much . I only read the posts unknown made before making my comment ^^ . Now let's not go off topic , keep it clean so the thread stays open .
Huh? I said thats what I meant by it would look horrible, I didn't say I said what you said already, lol.

Let's stay on topic, I just wanted to get this cleared up. lol!

Btw, Slim, what you could do to even out the color is grey-scale the whole image then do a color overlay on it. That might improve it's appearence.

Best answers
first off shadows are way too sharp, and you did a ****ty job blending in the highlights, they look like white stains, your better off remaking it, and a drawover would help you out, but seeing how your arrogant attitude is " Oh my work is too nice for any of you to touch and edit it!" Well like what sorrow said, this thread is just a waste of bandwith if you dont want any real help or pointers, and please use regular thread titles, who do you think you are making thread titles like "heh" or "hmmm?" why stay on topic in your thread when the topic title has nothing to do with it, out of everything you shown on this forum, your attitude is what needs the most work, you act like an arrogant little jackass and your work aint even that hot :/

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wait, you use dodge/burn right? If so, too extreme burn and poorly blended dodge. If you're airbrushing, i'd suggest you go back to burn+dodge and learn burn+dodge correctly.

Best answers
Now , Since you work with dodge / burn, I'll give you step by step instructions on improovment, since I'm such a nice guy ;) .

First off, start with the basics, no dodge added, just normal burns on edges , with a bit of smudge :

Then just add dodge/white in the middle, and smudge it propertly :

Then the last step is just to colorize it and do the final touchups :

Now if you think I was rude for trying to help you out , flame away ;x . I'm showing you that even with dodge/burn, you can achieve this improovment . Now this is something I made within 5 minutes, so don't expect too much, this technique depends on you , you can do alot to it after you've colorized it . Good luck .

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well....ok.......but, just to tell you sorrow, I did the same exact thing, exept the grayscale. Maybe i should use grayscale so often. But, thanss. :smile:

Best answers
Well , It's defenatly the best solution if you work with burn/dodge tool . Otherwise skins end up pretty ugly and uncolorful . Thats why Grayscale can help you out while learning dodge/burn propertly .

Best answers
@Unknown//

As for your original post (thread starter), start with the fact the colours are wrong. Incorrect shades of orange. Hence it looks like "ubershading" cos they are too dark and just... wrong. You have shaded toooo much. Take a look at your own pants and see if they look like that.

@Sorrow

Dropping to greyscale then colourizing is a horrible idea. It makes the pants look dull and unrealistic. Also your base colour will have changed, and instead of actually being able to skin highlights and shadows, you will spend the next 2 days playing with the sliders in going "maybe if I move my highlights +3 it will look better............ hmmm"

Best answers
Raven Blade said:
@Unknown//

As for your original post (thread starter), start with the fact the colours are wrong. Incorrect shades of orange. Hence it looks like "ubershading" cos they are too dark and just... wrong. You have shaded toooo much. Take a look at your own pants and see if they look like that.

@Sorrow

Dropping to greyscale then colourizing is a horrible idea. It makes the pants look dull and unrealistic. Also your base colour will have changed, and instead of actually being able to skin highlights and shadows, you will spend the next 2 days playing with the sliders in going "maybe if I move my highlights +3 it will look better............ hmmm"
Uhm , I do not work with grayscale raven , you should know that by looking at my work: I just said its best if using dodge/burn . Its only my opinion tho, each to his own .

Best answers
Raven Blade said:
that isnt always the case, skinning in gray scale and coloring later on is used frequently around the skinning communities,

also the colors are come out great if you know your way around layering styles

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom