Hmm a problem.

Best answers
hi im using the trial version of Fraps to record stuff but its really laggy when i record and the video comes out like ****.
If theres any way to not make it laggy i would like to know. Thank you.

Best answers
Ahhh I get the same and exact laggyness and it pisses me off. But I got this idea from someone, and your not really lagging. It's more like BAD FPS >_< My FPS goes to 8 Frames per Second when I'm trying to record, *Sigh* :(

Record a Demo 1st. After you've recorded to your extent record that demo using fraps to make it into a playable format for WMV RealPlayer Etc. I havn't tried it out yet though.

-GuZzie

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hi im using the trial version of Fraps to record stuff but its really laggy when i record and the video comes out like ****.
If theres any way to not make it laggy i would like to know. Thank you.
If you have Fraps only record video, not sound, then it should be a bit faster. You can try messing around with the FPS option in Fraps. I have it set to 100 FPS, though some might think that's too high.

Best answers
Well Guzzies idea i think might work so ya make a demo then play it on steam or through WMv or what then while it plays record it? Even then i think it makes it lagg.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its because Fraps needs a lot of resources to save each frame played, adding sound to it and all. Thats also the reason why fraps recordings are in gigabytes sizes. Imagine it like this. Every frame you press printscreen and connect them together into a movie. Thats what fraps does. You know that has to lag.

Try disabling sound and make quality of the recording lower. Other than that there isnt much you can do.

I have a 70 FPS loss when using fraps.

Best answers
hmm so yea well how come other people can make vids and stuff and not be laggy. But basically youve answered my questions.

Best answers
If you look closely at the FPS bar at the bottom right hand corner....you might see that they're actually lagging.

In the Charged Turbo vid Pain had a FPS of...-+ 17 - Thats laggy, though it doesn't show when it's playing :)

-GuZzie

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
like i'v sayind that gamecam it's the best one

Best answers
What game cam...oh like just takin the demo..?
How do you record with no sound Grega..

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there an option in fraps that dissable's the sound it's verry simple

Best answers
Ohh thanks also when i try making a demo its gets rid of parts of my hud and aslo sometimes its locks the screen so i can't fly anywhere but straight.
BUt whatever i think im gonna let meovie making to the pros.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom