Hm.. :P Need some help here?

Best answers
I'd just name myself "A Bus load of kids" or something, so when I die, it says something like "Loki Killed A Bus load of kids"

I may suck, but at least I'm not takin' it out on the young'ins!

;)

Best answers
Playing ESF professionally, has led me to this conclusion:
1): Your nick will coincide with your skill, manner, sportsmanship.
2): if a n00b wishes to use your nick, so be it, Steamid's are always differencial(however to spell it).
3): As Skyrider said, protecting all the ... 'major' nicks.. this may sound arrogant, but im going to say it anyway:
there are only around 25 players that are really.. 'Good' at ESF. so protecting all the major names like:

Kai,
KartSah
RaiKhan / Kuroi
Yugi Yami
Grega
Sarutobi Sensei
Dark
Sub Gen
etc.. if you get the point.. new players don't really play to be professional, they play for fun. so its easy enough to tell the difference between a pro, and a non-pro.
ok, i end the arrogance here.

and in addition;
If Kai. asks a new player to stop using his nick, (which he is admin on), it would be fair, once the situation was explained, that he relinquish his nickname, and pick an original one.
on the other hand, a Ban is hardly deserved, either make use of amx_nick.. or simply keep asking.
Theres no harm in a nickname, but the ESF community is around 1000:1 ratio smaller than that of CS. knowing individual players, and personalities, will make it easy to defferentiate (if that is how its spelled).

----
Lecture over ;)
this is a view of both sides of the argument, im not siding with Grega or Yuval XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom