HLDS Ping Booster

Best answers
I'm not really sure how to setup HLDS Ping Booster with your ESF 1.2.3 Dedicated Server. Can anyone help? =\

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm assuming you're running a Linux system, since HLDS Ping Booster is for Linux (Unless they've released a Windows version of it). Not many people here will be able to help you, since the majority of us use Windows. You might try asking around on the HLDS Ping Booster forums (If they have forums, that is) for help.

Best answers
Damn, because if you have it installed to your dedicated server, you can play on the same computer as the server, and not lag anything. But since I use windows...aww man. :(

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Drew said:
Damn, because if you have it installed to your dedicated server, you can play on the same computer as the server, and not lag anything. But since I use windows...aww man. :(
Not true... The HLDS Ping Booster was designed to use more CPU cycles than what the default HLDS server is capable of. So, technically, you would lag more with the ping booster installed.

Best answers
Well then, any suggestions so I can play on the same computer as my server and not lag anything? Or at least lessen the lag, or something. I haven't really gotten any complaints yet, but people always say it isn't a good idea, so...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As long as you're not on a router, you should be fine. Installing HLDS Ping Booster on a PC that you're hosting AND playing on is not smart. So I suggest just leaving things as they are. If nobody's complaining, then nothing is wrong.

Best answers
Well, one of my friends has a plugin called WinHL Booster for MetaMod installed on his dedicated server, and since he got it, lag hasn't been much of a problem at all when he joins on the same comp now.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Drew said:
Well, one of my friends has a plugin called WinHL Booster for MetaMod installed on his dedicated server, and since he got it, lag hasn't been much of a problem at all when he joins on the same comp now.
Hmm, I've never heard of such a thing. But there's one thing I can say to you. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom