HL2 or Unreal

Best answers
Why don't you guys move the mod to Half life 2 or unreal tournament 3. I know it's hard to do but your model limits will be less and there is more portentional in these games.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
you already see the news update,please check again and after come here again.

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Wouldn't make any sense to change engines at this point.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF lives and dies on HL1.

And with only 1 release left that will stay true. For the next project however we will probably use a newer engine.

Last edited:
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
ESF lives and dies on HL1.

And with only 1 release left that will stay true. For the enxt project however we will probably use a newer engine.
ENXT project.

What does it mean?!?!??!!?!!?

NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Unreal 2 (or whatever UT2004 is based on) engine FTW since out-of-date PCs can handle it.

Red Saiyan Mod
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I dunno, I think the ESF TEAM has worked some impressive voodoo magic into the Halflife source code, to transform old Halflife into something much greater.
This MOD is barely recognizable as a Halflife game anymore. In fact I'd even go so far as to say its no longer a MOD, but a Total Conversion. :yes::yes:

Upgrading to a better engine would mean they would have to start from scratch, they would have to do all the models, animations, coding, sounds, fx, maps and everything all over again.
Not only that, but then the team would have to learn how to work with the new engine. So no, that's never gonna happen. ESF lives and dies on the HALFLIFE 1 ENGINE.

Last edited:
Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Think about it this way with all details high I can barlly run ESF (around 30 fps) wile HL 2 i can run just well over 70 fps

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Think about it this way with all details high I can barlly run ESF (around 30 fps) wile HL 2 i can run just well over 70 fps
And what video card do you have? Just to know if I will be able to run ESF with the details on max.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
John the inteams are all debug versions. FPS will be better in the final release when all the stuff is cleaned up.

But yea the standard of "If you can run HL you can run this" is over im afraid. HL just aint enough anymore.

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Is this a "If you can run HL you can run this on low" or is it a "If you can run HL you can run this no problem"?

NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Good thing that I care more about the gameplay. It's OK for me to play with lowest graphics, just so that the performance would fit my needs.

I wonder by how much FPS is lower in ESF: Final with lowest graphics than ESF 1.2.3.

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Is this a "If you can run HL you can run this on low" or is it a "If you can run HL you can run this no problem"?
Neither actually.
As Grega said HL isn't enough anymore.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The amount of work thats gone into 1.3 means that its almost a new engine anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom