hl skeleton assigning problems....

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im rigging my vegeta atm... but something is ****ing it up >_< his feet are backwards in animations =/ i dont understand it.... anybody know whats going on?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yesh, you may need to reset the x-form. I dont exactly know what you mean but i think i know. In max: Select his feet/leg/bodypart thats invert go to the utilities tab and click reset X-form Modifier > reset selected
this may flip the polygons if so, put an edit mesh on top of it, flip polygons and re-weigh

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im working in milkshape btw :x

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

you're telling me :(

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
LOL. That's just too funny.

Best answers
dude it looks like you moved the foot joints on both legs by mistake, gets on my nerves if i do it at times lol, try re assigning it to a fresh decompiled skele and see if that helps :/

Best answers
well david, ur not supose to move the skeletons to fit the model, ur supose to move the model to fit the skely, if u move the skeleton in any way, like lift up the arms or stuff like that, it will distort the animation/s. if u want i can rig it for you or something else o_O.

Best answers
Milkshape does suck the perverbial big one.

Lol, I dont work with milkshape but yeah .. changing the rig around at all, can totally own the animations, even if it looks ok while your rigging it, and moving the joints around.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I did not move the joints... im not retarded, i spent a a long time changing all 8 of my vegeta models to fit the skeleton. I guess im just gonna have to start over then... ****.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuttzy should know, he rigs models allot (or so i believe) pm/ask him

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
the best way to fix the prob is to assign your own skeleton with own animations, thought it will make alot of work but the results will be better then with a allready finished skel.

Nway in my opinion you just assigned the feet to some other parts or just wrong.
I learned to rig in ms3d like starting first from the upper legs, then knee/leg area and then feet area... you might assigned the upperlegs and then the knee/legs and then the feet and then again the knee/legs.

who knows. you might better reassign the skeleton.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ive checked a million times, ive assigned it 100% correctly, and yes, i know all these things, after working within a hl dominant community for over 3 years you learn alot. I think it must have just ****ed up when i decompiled the vegeta model or something, thats the only thing i can think of, ive rigged models before and never had anything like this. Yes, i wudda rigged it to a custom skele, but i dont have the time or the patience to redo over 200 animations.

Sorry, i just dont like how people think I know **** all about this. I'll just have to reassign it again.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
truelly you know who i am hehe and i know you so calm down.

nway all i think is that you craked your ms3d and the mistake comes up. its almost actually in the new versions of ms3d wich got craked.

we all know that most of us got craked programms lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who are you Shako?

Hit me on msn and I'll get a copy of milkshape and see if I can figure it out, bro :)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I dont feel like spamming this thread up for getting to know who i am.
Just calm down, most of you guys know me.

Sorry david, i didnt wanted to post that but i was forced too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember when my models where assigned like that.
i mostly just reassigned them and it did get fixed.

<_< lol shako

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
here i come to save the day

thats a problem that sometime pops up, i cant pin down exactly what causes it. sometimes it occurs on the torso as well twisting the spine2 bone around.

when this happened i usually just deleted the skeleton, re-imported it and re-assigned it exactly as i had the time before and everything would work just fine,

it is possible that you had the bones hidden and accidentally rotated them a tad, generally though in milkshape when you move 1 bone outside of animation mode it auto-adjusts each bone, screwing up everything. so i doubt that was it.

but i can offer you a way around it, unless you would rather keep reassigning it until it works =P

simply assign the feet to the same bone as the shins, the subtle foot movement is barely visible ingame. i doubt anyone would notice

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
<_< Shako..
>_> Tryforce...
<>_<> Shady...
maybe the skeleton gets twisted in the proces? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom