hl sdk file for damage texture/animation

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
can i use sdk to edit half-life engine and which allow me to shoot the carcass of enemies alive to gibs with mp5 submachinegun(we all know that the corpes in half-life can be destroyed but i mean can that be destroyed by bullet weapon, not explosive weapon.)
and also the damaging texture, can i edit the model animation code with sdk and make it just like quake 2(or using two same model but different texture to replacing after the enemy been hurt badly. unlike quake 2 had been made in code.). is that possible??

PS: brainbread had enhance and prove this point, all zombie can be damage apart by shooting and also shows the damage on the body. that gave me the idea.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure you can make it so that non-explosive weapons can gib corpses, especially since (as you pointed out), you could already do so in BrainBread. The damage model could probably be implemented, but it's probably more complicated than making it so you can gib corpses with non-explosive weapons. The model swapping idea isn't a bad one, though I don't know if the engine could handle multiple model swaps at once (like if you three a grenade into a group of headcrab zombies). The skin swap would probably be easier, less demanding on the engine and I'm pretty sure it's possible.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I'm pretty sure you can make it so that non-explosive weapons can gib corpses, especially since (as you pointed out), you could already do so in BrainBread. The damage model could probably be implemented, but it's probably more complicated than making it so you can gib corpses with non-explosive weapons. The model swapping idea isn't a bad one, though I don't know if the engine could handle multiple model swaps at once (like if you three a grenade into a group of headcrab zombies). The skin swap would probably be easier, less demanding on the engine and I'm pretty sure it's possible.

the skin swap is also the piont i meant, but does that include in quake engine??(not quake 2, ever since we al known half-life was made by quake engine)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom