hl games crash on "verifying resources" come here!

Best answers
if any half-life1 engline games such as esf crashes when u join games that require to download the map or anything and crashes at "Verifying resources" The main problem is Internet Explorer 7. if u downloaded that program usually it does that.

to fix the problem download this

http://home.comcast.net/~hoyhoy/asst/IE7CrashFix.reg

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh so it was the screwd up IE7 that caused the problem.
/me is happy to have FireFox XD

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well STEAM does use a builtin browserfor the news and buy games stuff. Could be a problem with that :s

Or the fact that IE7 is still buggy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yet another reason not to use IE.

xD

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
.Guzzie. said:
Weird,zxz,how did you find out that Internet Explorer was the problem??

-GuZzie
Steam's forums even say there is issues with using steam on a system with IE7 installed. I imagine since IE7 is planned to be released soon that it will be fixed.
The Register said:
Published Tuesday 10th October 2006 10:31 GMT
Microsoft has confirmed that IE7 will be released as an optional download later this month.

The long-awaited next version of Microsoft's browser software will be pushed out as an automatic update a "few weeks" later, probably as part of Microsoft's regular Patch Tuesday update cycle in either November or December. Firms not ready to install IE7 will be able to temporarily block the update.

In the meantime, Microsoft is urging webmasters and application developers to test for compatibility using IE7 RC 1, a pre-release version of the software.

Best answers
yea you guys are right... Internet explorer was the last thing in my mind that caused the problem.. But there it is.. Causing the problem for thousands of people not being able to join games becuase they have IE7.

EDIT:

maybe it caused the problem for alot of pple because below the loading bars thers a rectangle with internet being used.. it says "server 41" or somthn i think because if you play offline it just says "not available in offline mode" and plus if u click that box it redirects you to a website

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom