Hitman: Blood Money

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just got it and WOW it's amazing. It blows away Silent Assassin and Contracts. This is definately the kind of game I wanted from the beginning, but technology wouldn't allow it at the time.

The AI is awesome. They follow blood trails when you drag dead bodies around. Also, they finally communicate (Yes!!!). What I really liked, is that the AI no longer shoots at you for going into a restricted area... They'll run up to you and tell you to leave immediately. If you don't leave the area, then they shoot at you. Also, when you're holding a human shield, the AI won't shoot at you, so you can just pick them off. However, if you give them a clear shot at you, they'll take it, so you have to be careful.

You can hide bodies in freezers and crates and stuff now, which is kinda cool. But if you drag them and leave a blood trail behind, the AI will follow it and might find the body wherever you hid it. So far I haven't seen any of the bad guys do this though, except on my map. :/

You can modify your weapons now, using the money from your hits. I'll try to upload some screenshots of my weapons (They look freakin' awesome when they're fully modded). You can buy things like Kevlar, better binoculars, better lockpicks, adrenaline syringes (Boost your health, but not much :/), foil-padded weapon cases (Undetectable by metal detectors or frisks).

They leave you plenty of options to reach your goal, so if you screw up, you don't have to restart the entire mission to try something different. You can pretty much just flow with it and try it again later if ya want.

There's a notoriety system now. If you leave witnesses (You blow someone's brains out, and the fat chick next to you somehow gets away) your description might be in the newspaper (After each mission, you get to read the newspaper and hear what people say about your hit). If you're caught on camera, a picture of you might be released (Not sure on this though, I've never been caught on camera :p). Your notoriety can sometimes effect your missions. If someone recognizes you, they might run to a guard and tell them who you are.

Also, you can now make your hits look like 'Accidents'. Place a charge on a chandelier and blow it when your mark walks under the chandelier. My all-time favorite accidents is in the second mission, where these guys are rehearsing a WW2 execution scene. Replace the prop pistol with a real one and cackle as you watch the mayhem.

You now have 2 types of syringes, instead of just poison. You get a sedative syringe, which obviously knocks a person out for a very long time. Or you can get nasty with your poison syringe, killing them instantly. You can inject both syringes into peoples' food or drinks, so when they eat or drink it, they'll go to sleep or die.

Later on in the game you get to compete with rival contract agencies, which is fun because you get to fight a bunch of other hitmen (By the way, this isn't a spoiler, it was in the trailer for the game).

*EDIT* My guns:

Silverballer .45:

Spas 12 Gauge:

MP5:

M4:

W2000 Sniper:

Video:
http://rapidshare.de/files/21496351/BloodMoney.rar.html

DMW

Best answers
tight,thanks for the vid ill dl it know.I didnt know this game was comoing out,ill be getting this asap,i had so much fun with the other its insane.Thanks for the thread and everything you've put in it to keep things short.

Best answers
Yeah, its the best Hitman game i'd evre played.
The graphics rocks end the gameplay is awesome.
I'm currently at mission 6 end hope to finish the game soon.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I edited my post and added a few more sentences.

Damn I'm hooked on this game. I've beaten it twice now already (Had it for 4 days).

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've beaten hitman 2 also in 4 days, but you could kill the dude you were suposed to take out with different methods, which made the game so fun.

Spunkeh, how does it work this time? can you go from the rank "butcher" to "silent assassin"?, or does it work different now?

Oh, btw, i'm downloading the demo right now ^_^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jp said:
I've beaten hitman 2 also in 4 days, but you could kill the dude you were suposed to take out with different methods, which made the game so fun.

Spunkeh, how does it work this time? can you go from the rank "butcher" to "silent assassin"?, or does it work different now?

Oh, btw, i'm downloading the demo right now ^_^
It's way different now. They completely redid the ranking system, it's so damn sweet. Your rating fully depends on how quiet or violent you are. If you're quiet, and don't kill anybody (Other than your mark), you'll most likely get Silent Assassin. But SA is much harder to get now, because there are so many variables to the ranking system. I've only gotten SA once so far, and that was because I didn't kill anybody (This guy tripped and fell under a chandelier. Little did he know there was a charge planted on the chandelier).

@ Sub - It isn't a short at all. I've just been playing it nonstop since I got it, because it's so damn sweet. In fact, I think I might have an obsession for it.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Crap, finally close to downloading the demo and my computer freezes >_< was playing mgs2 in the meanwhile to kill the time, but it froze while closing it D:

Oh well, gotta download the demo tomorow then :3

Sounds like a really good game, so if you kill noone, and only use tools that kill the target without you doing it, then you are a Silent Assassin? sweet... sounds tough to do though, but the tougher the better ^_^

I hope you can wear a wig now, coz then I will be the notorious "Afro-hair-dude-killer!" in the newspapers >;o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm definately wanting to get this one, but after Hitman 2, i'm not sure.

In hitman 2, I was anble to just run around and shoot everyone. That's how I actually beat it.

In this one, can you do the same or do you actually need stealth?

Also, in hitman 2, didn't matter where bodies dropped, MOST of the time they were alone and no one walks over there and/or you take all the guards that patrrol there in a few.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o: It sounds pretty cool, especially the uber weapon upgrades really catch my interest.

What platforms is it for?

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's for the PC, PS2, 360, and maybe more =o

Humm I really thought this game will suck but from what I hear from you guys it's worth checking =o

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jp said:
I hope you can wear a wig now, coz then I will be the notorious "Afro-hair-dude-killer!" in the newspapers >;o
With the notoriety system, witnesses actually try to piece your description together. And as for wigs and afros...

Good enough? :p

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spunky said:
With the notoriety system, witnesses actually try to piece your description together. And as for wigs and afros...

Good enough? :p

:eek:

I must have this game!

Now we all know why clowns are scary...:p

I just finished the demo, as a real Hitman fan and (even if I say so myself) Veteran Hitman player, it was rather easy, but still very fun, I loved the way how you can steal a guys gun and stun/knock him out in the process.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jp said:
I loved the way how you can steal a guys gun and stun/knock him out in the process.
I forgot to mention there's a close combat system now. Totally slipped my mind. :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom