Hitler: Genius or Lunatic

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First off, this isn't a thread to praise Hitler for killing the jews. This is a topic to discuss wither or not he was a genius. Not a genius as in killing the jews (again, this isn't what the topic is about) but a genius in the way of his speeches.

I think he was a genius because he made so many people believe in his cause. When he was in jail, he freakin wrote a book and when he got out, people loved him. People were ready to kill for him.

So now, do you feel the same way or do you think he was just crazy?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
"genius"

the irony

Yes he was a genius, and a charismatic "cult of personality" leader

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
His message spoke out to the disheartened german people of the times. Still broken down dogs from the first world war, his message gave them what they saw was a new chance for prosperity. Unfortunately what happened, happened. He was an unbeleivably moving and charismatic public speaker at that. Unfortunately, he was an evil demented man.

nge

Best answers
Hitler was quite intelligent. He started to go insane and made many tactical mistakes throughout his campaign, however.

Best answers
They say that some of the most genious people in the world are quite insane, and I believe it

I'm not sure if Hitler was a genious, he obviously was lacking in the military tactics area, as many of his decisions about war weren't the best (ala lets pull a Boneapart and freeze our asses off). Charismatic, yes, extremely so. He was more a man with good sense who took advantage of a situation he saw.

Not a lunatic though, simply misguided

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hiter was a man who made his own religion and many followed him. His father was jewish and I believe Hitler hated his father, so thats why he sent many of them into concetration and death camps?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
First off, this isn't a thread to praise Hitler for killing the jews. This is a topic to discuss wither or not he was a genius. Not a genius as in killing the jews (again, this isn't what the topic is about) but a genius in the way of his speeches.

I think he was a genius because he made so many people believe in his cause. When he was in jail, he freakin wrote a book and when he got out, people loved him. People were ready to kill for him.

So now, do you feel the same way or do you think he was just crazy?
Why is it the ONLY people remember is he killed jews? It's like it's the only type of person he killed. He killed 6 million jews ALONE. Let's not forget the bloned haired, blue eyed people and all the other characteristics Hitler didn't like about people.

I don't find him a lunatic or a genius. He was just a guy who tried to make the world that he envisioned in his eyes. Most people with power try to do that. I'll admit though, he was very close to pretty much taking over the world. But alas; the good guys win again. And it's allllll the american's fault >:E

So yeah, neither.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hitler was jewish, wasn't he?

A genius might be praising him too far. He was a cult personality for sure, and he managed to impress his beliefs so thoroughly on his people that they followed suit, which is a difficult feat to achieve. He did ignore his military advisors about D-day and he did push too hard and long to take Russia. He also seemed to care more about destroying Britain's morale than its air force, which may have simply been a miscalculation in reasoning. I don't think it was hit wit that lead him to near victory in world war II, I think it was the Germans, under his charismatic flag.

Edit- Also he thought blue-eyed blonde-haired people were inherantly superior, he didn't try to kill them. Yes he also focused on other groups than the Jews, but this isn't about that, so let's not dig up the darkest part of the war.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Why is it the ONLY people remember is he killed jews? It's like it's the only type of person he killed. He killed 6 million jews ALONE. Let's not forget the bloned haired, blue eyed people and all the other characteristics Hitler didn't like about people.
I think you may have missed the history lesson. The Aryan race (Hitler's perfect race) was made up of people with Blonde hair and Blue Eyes. Both traits that Hitler did not posses.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the only reason why he is remembered for that is because he was the only person to kill 6 million jews and have concentration camps for them. He's remembered for that.

EDIT: Yes, Hitler was a jew.

Best answers
lol no hitler was austiran but ya he was a very smart man

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hitler is not Jewish. There are rumours his uncle or one of his close relatives was jewish, but I havn't seen it confirmed anywhere.

Brim said:
I'm not sure if Hitler was a genious, he obviously was lacking in the military tactics area
It's funny you say that considering he was able to take over half of Europe with only one army in a country suffering from the depression. He was a military genious. He set the standard for Warfare, do a bit more research my friend.

Hitler was definitely a genious, in every way. He just got greedy, like most people. Had he not given in to temptation, we'd all be under his flag.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
Hitler is not Jewish. There are rumours his uncle or one of his close relatives was jewish, but I havn't seen it confirmed anywhere.

It's funny you say that considering he was able to take over half of Europe with only one army in a country suffering from the depression. He was a military genious. He set the standard for Warfare, do a bit more research my friend.

Hitler was definitely a genious, in every way. He just got greedy, like most people. Had he not given in to temptation, we'd all be under his flag.
I wouldn't mind having him as a ruler. Would give me the chance to over throw him and rule.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He wasn't a genius, just manipulative. Back then, you can play on any man's intellegence and emotions to have him following you. He just had enough exposure to preech and move a nation into what his cause was. I can do that now, but without the exposure or power, then it's more or less not worth it. Picture this way, fear is power... and he had half of Germany scared of him because of what he can do and the army that stood behind him. THat's why he was able to move the way he did.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
I think you may have missed the history lesson. The Aryan race (Hitler's perfect race) was made up of people with Blonde hair and Blue Eyes. Both traits that Hitler did not posses.
Meh, I learned about WWII in frickin'...like...9th grade or something, that's waaaay too far back for me to remember. The point is, everyone only remembers how many jews he killed, and nobody else. I know he killed more than 6 million people. Jewish people just happened to be the majority. Pardon my lack of memory it was a couple years ago.

Not only that... but hitler didn't just shove people in concentration camps either, he used people for experiements(which were in concentration camps... so yeah he shoved them in there, but you get the point). I don't find him to be much of a genius. But then again, I also don't see him as a lunatic. A genius is someone who is really smart, a lunatic is someone who is crazy. I do believe Hitler wasn't smart, or crazy, he was just very charismatic, and knew how to talk to people, and get him to like them. he's like a futuristic version of napoleon bonaparte.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Iyce Da Kidd said:
Picture this way, fear is power... and he had half of Germany scared of him because of what he can do. THat's why he was able to move the way he did.
....Germany loved him. They weren't scared of him. Europe was scared of him. Were people afraid of Jesus when he came to move them into their glory? Why would the Germans be afraid of the man who promised them the world?

Hitler was a genious, people can have exposure but not handle it the right way. Look at George Bush, you need to have the intelligence to know how to manipulate the right people and when.

Best answers
why not both....nothing stops someone from being a genius and a lunatic....either way..both are opinions...stamping someone as a "lunatic" is an opinion...his followers didnt think he was a lunatic...i personally disagree with his ideas, but i wont call him a lunatic..instead..id say...he was someone who had a vision and tried his hardest to acheive it...everyone has a vision of how the world should work...the majority of the world agrees with eachother in that vision for the most part..hitler simply had different views of the world..and instead of sitting around thinking how awsome it would be to have it come true..he took action...genius?.. yes..lunatic? no imo

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Again Fire, for the last time, do not dig up the darkest part of the war. You mention experiments and do not even use then in your argument. If you have a point to make and you're cautious about it you can site specific examples but you seem to be arguing about Kidboy overgeneralizing instead of focusing on the topic. Kidboy you too are going off topic in your own thread. I know Hitler is an awkward topic but it's possible to stay focused while communicating in this thread.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh I did it once.

I still think he was a genius for making people believe in his cause. Do you think anyone as of right now could do that? I really really doubt it. Only genius come once in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom