💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ummm when you get blown up
your entier body gets hit, I doubt there is a headshot hitbox or
anything like that. And if there is, You character would pretty much
take the same damage as anywhere else in his body

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ugh, no! i mean the hitbox is so big that meele and beams are easy, on Alpha u can move out of the way of a beam when its abit a cm away from u, on beta it hits u even if its about a yard or so away from you... same with meele

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Tepus
Ugh, THEY ARE TOO BIG, meele + beams are soooo easy, make them smaller! -.-
ugh, no! i mean the hitbox is so big that meele and beams are easy, on Alpha u can move out of the way of a beam when its abit a cm away from u, on beta it hits u even if its about a yard or so away from you... same with meele

l Agree With Tepus

Best answers
Yeah, true. Its very easy to hit with melee. and beams annoy me when you move out the way and it still gets ya. People should have to rely on their detonation skills :)

Best answers
Heh, yeah your right. Have you viewed a model in HL Model Viewer with the hit boxes on? They're friggin HUGE!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bumping this since i think if the hitboxes where smaller it would be alot better:cry:

Best answers
indeed, fed up with moving outa the way an still getting hit!

Best answers
no no no! you guys are thinking of the wrong thing!!

It's the ping and the net code that's your guys problem! and i wouldn't chance that if i were you!

They are NO WAY are they to big!! i've seen beams grase past my head, and bells attack that just miss legs!

If anything it would be the netcode should be increase for things like blocking, and block struggles.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
bumping this since i think if the hitboxes where smaller it would be alot better:cry:
I´m saying the same.
The hit boxes needs a rescale

Originally posted by KamakaziChicken
no no no! you guys are thinking of the wrong thing!!

It's the ping and the net code that's your guys problem! and i wouldn't chance that if i were you!

They are NO WAY are they to big!! i've seen beams grase past my head, and bells attack that just miss legs!

If anything it would be the netcode should be increase for things like blocking, and block struggles.
If you are hit by a beam in the corner of the screen and its pushing you back when you are blocking is something wrong!!!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah the hitbox is huge, it makes melee so easy and everything else so easy

Best answers
Originally posted by MrMasj
I´m saying the same.
The hit boxes needs a rescale

If you are hit by a beam in the corner of the screen and its pushing you back when you are blocking is something wrong!!!
Ya soemthing is wrong, you are experiancing Packet loss, DA?!

Do you really think the hit boxes are half a map?? don't you people listen? i'll give you a screeny later of a beam right pasted my head okay?!?!

It's your ping people, try playing on lan or with bots and tell me: "the hit boxes are to big"

P.S. do you even know what netcode does??? - i'm telling ya it's not the hit boxes

Best answers
Ive played with bots and on lan and i get the same problem so me thinks the netcode is not the problem as i know about this netcode as it hinders my 56k on counter strike

thats the problem i dont know if its the hit boxes but i do get this on lan where i have 0 ping :/

Best answers
i've got the same problem, even on Lan.
It's just plain stupid that you can't get away from a blast or melee.

It's something that needs to be fixed.

p.s. I HATE MELEE!!!!! (i'm really good at melee, but still i hate it especially those melee only whores)

Best answers
Hehe good point Tepus!

Ill be standing there and i see a beam coming at me from the side and i move a bit then i dont think ill make it so ill sit there blocking and the beam isnt coming at me directly cause i moved i expect it to go past but instead im sent into a block struglle and im not even behind the beam!!!! ITS NEXT TO ME! it looks really crappy too!

Best answers
Originally posted by GhostfaceKillah
yeah the hitbox is huge, it makes melee so easy and everything else so easy
that would be the reason why i stopped playing beta 1

Best answers
yea that is true and hopefully this is on the to be fixed list. beam hit boxes need to be smaller but the current small fireballs are okay.

Best answers
net code is still active on LAN.

Net code makes it so
|--| your normally that big

normal netcode for used for cs makes 56k vs cablers
makes the 56k |-| and cablers |----|

And it does this using the client input output, making you bigger than you are to them.

This is still active during LAN, due to the "low ping server physics" or soemthing

Does you understand??

Best answers
nah who cares about that I just hope they make the beam hit boxes smaller

Best answers

Net code makes it so
|--| your normally that big

normal netcode for used for cs makes 56k vs cablers
makes the 56k |-| and cablers |----|

And it does this using the client input output, making you bigger than you are to them.

This is still active during LAN, due to the "low ping server physics" or soemthing

Does you understand??
Is that a fact, smart guy?

(the above pics were taken wilt Half-Life Model Viewer with the 'View Hit Boxes' option ON)

Ya something is wrong, you are experiancing Packet loss, DA?!

Do you really think the hit boxes are half a map?? don't you people listen? i'll give you a screeny later of a beam right pasted my head okay?!?!

It's your ping people, try playing on lan or with bots and tell me: "the hit boxes are to big"

P.S. do you even know what netcode does??? - i'm telling ya it's not the hit boxes
This is a pic of me playing with bots on a LAN game (Low Ping Sever Physics OFF). Guess what? THE HIT BOXES ARE TOO BIG!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom