Higher Ki Cost for Faster Characters

Best answers
Well, if you know in 1.2, the slower your character is, the higher ki cost they have, and I'm thinking to myself, shouldn't it be the other way around? Well my suggestion is that, the faster your character is, the higher their ki cost is. Mainly because, if you look at it, if your ki cost is higher for slower characters, you have to re-charge your energy more often, before you can even get somewhere, while fast characters can get to places real fast, and still have a ****-load of ki left. If it's the other way around, that would mean that slow characters could catch up to the faster characters, because they wouldn't have to re-charge as often, and the fast characters would, but the faster characters would get more distance in the time that they have ki left. If it was like this in 1.3, it would make it so people would actually use slower characters in 1 on 1 matches, cause then the faster characters would have to charge more often, and it might give a slower character a chance to hit them. I mean, Goku is my favorite guy, but I would still like to use other characters more often than just him, cause then it gets boring being the same guy after a while. So, do you guys like the suggestion of, the faster your character is, the higher the ki cost is, and the slower your character is, the lower the ki cost is?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, I believe I've read in the 1.3 outline somewhere that higher-level (transed) players will use up more Ki for certain actions than non-transed players.

I also rather like your idea.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I never even new that you waste more ki if you're slower. I like the idee. A bit more balance to the game.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GrimReaper said:
I never even new that you waste more ki if you're slower. I like the idee. A bit more balance to the game.
Basicly you dont. The point is the swoop costs the same amount of KI for evryone. And it lasts the same time for evryone. So the slower characters get the same cost for 1 swoop as the fasterones.

But cause they are slower they travel less distance befor the swoop timer runs out. Thats all ^^

Jer me likes XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed, Grega.

And because transed characters have more Ki, swooping costs less Ki for them than it does for untransed characters. :3

Best answers
Grega said:
Basicly you dont. The point is the swoop costs the same amount of KI for evryone. And it lasts the same time for evryone. So the slower characters get the same cost for 1 swoop as the fasterones.

But cause they are slower they travel less distance befor the swoop timer runs out. Thats all ^^

Jer me likes XD
I just tested out your theory, and actually, it does take more, try teleporting with a slow character, see how many you can do with Goku, compared to Krillin. They may be burn the same amount of ki swooping, but the slower character runs out faster. Plus, even if it was the same amount of ki, they should still implent this idea, it makes it more fair for slower characters.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mccdbz5 said:
I just tested out your theory, and actually, it does take more, try teleporting with a slow character, see how many you can do with Goku, compared to Krillin. They may be burn the same amount of ki swooping, but the slower character runs out faster. Plus, even if it was the same amount of ki, they should still implent this idea, it makes it more fair for slower characters.
Yes, it does take more, relatively speaking, but I believe that this is simply because the transed characters have a larger Ki pool to tap from, compared to untransed characters.

Let's say untransed characters have 500 Ki points (not PL, but Ki energy), and transed characters have 1000. If swooping for every character takes 100 Ki points, no matter how fast the swoop itself is, then you will notice the drain on an untransed character is much higher, relatively speaking, compared to a transed character. I believe this explains the observed difference.

Transed characters have more HP - so it is very much possible that they also have a larger Ki pool.

This would make sense, since I think it's easier to code in a larger Ki pool for transed characters, and say "Okay, every transed chara has this many Ki", rather than having to code in different ki drains for every character and every transformation, among other things. So, I think they just made the Ki pool bigger for transed characters.

Therefore, I think the suggested idea of transed characters burning more Ki is good and would give untransed players a better chance to fight back.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mccdbz5 said:
Did you ever think of teh fact that Goku has a bigger KIpool than Krillin.

If you consider that youll figure out that Krillin and Goku ise the same KI amount. The difrence is that Krillin has less KI to begin with ^^

But as said i like your idea.

Best answers
@ Grega - Exactly! The slower characters have a smaller ki pool....That's what I've been meaning to say.

@ Shiyojin Rommyu - I was talking about normal characters only, but I like the idea of transformed characters burning more ki. They already have a large ki pool, so make them burn more ki to make it even more fair ^_^.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Slower characters should have a smaller ki pool. Why should krillin have as much ki as Goku?

Best answers
See, people like you want the game to be un-balanced. If the ki cost was higher for Goku, and lower for someone at Krillin's speed, then it would actually end up being something I like to call "fair". Or if you wanted them to have a smaller ki pool, then he should atleast be almost as fast as someone like Goku.

Best answers
I like this idea it would add plenty of fairness. only one thing everyones teleporting ki cost should be exactly the same... also.. If Goku lost ki faster then Krillin shouldn't he gain ki faster then krillin..

It wouldn't be fair for a character to burn so much ki that takes him forever to get
:: edit ::
in my opinion this would be fair because it would cause goku to have to stop more frequently then krillin. giving *krillin an actual chance to hit goku * a faster character.
:: edit ::
This is a sketch of how i think the character stats should work out

The faster the character The bigger the ki pool and the faster he burns ki... he also gains ki faster...

Best answers
I agree with you Jinx. He should gain faster since he looses faster. And about giving Krillin an actual chance to hit Goku, that's why I made this topic, you can only hit someone with slow characters, if they're actually good, is if you use teleports, but most of the time, your ki will run out fast.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
what about, weaker characters charge their ki slightly faster then higher trans'd players.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh. I like it, it would, you know, balance the game. Maybe everyone won't play as Goku and Cell.

Good suggestion.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed i like it too D:

Best answers
Wow, I was thinking most people were going to bomb this idea, I'm just glad to see you guys like it. Davidskiwan, are you going to maybe suggest this idea to the team? Or could you please bring it up in a meeting or something? You said you liked it :D.

nge

Best answers
I've talked about it already- I think ki usage should depend on distance traveled while swooping, not time spent in swoop.

Best answers
Yeah but, if your character is slower than someone like Goku, then you won't be able to get to that distance that they can get to, before re-charging their ki.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mccdbz5 said:
See, people like you want the game to be un-balanced. If the ki cost was higher for Goku, and lower for someone at Krillin's speed, then it would actually end up being something I like to call "fair". Or if you wanted them to have a smaller ki pool, then he should atleast be almost as fast as someone like Goku.
Krillin being as fast as Goku is fair? Hell, thats retarded. If anything, swooping should consume less ki now since we're moving so much slower. I can understand how this would work for transformations, but to punish a character for starting off faster than a 10 year old or a guy who's fights last for 2 seconds isn't quite right. Yeah Yeah, you've started using Gohan frequently. Big deal. They don't have weaken every other character just so you stand a chance.

To clarify: I'm for this if it affects transformed characters ONLY, and even then only to a certain extent. I also like NGE's idea. Unless I'm going a gazillion miles and hour to travel 4 feet, I really shouldn't use so much energy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom