High Poly Dragon (Wip) Cel Shaded

Best answers
there is the dragon i started on a few min.s ago it has no ref.s and gona be put in my game i started and mgiht be a background dragon for a art company :O hehe here is the pic

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you want my opinion... i hate it -.-."

1. its unfished.. it a piece of work like 5-10 min.
2. If its highpoly it doesnt mean "many polys" in everyx place
3. also it very undupdated

and remember ya all
"NEVER POST UNFINISHED HEADS"

Best answers
hehe i posted it for a good idea of what people like in dragons like horns and suck lol and what do u mean unfinnished heads? you only had a head last time :p well any 1 if u would like to add a feture to this creature just say so and i will add it :p there are so many polies because of the intenies :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not to be arrogant, but not using references isn't exactly the smartest thing to do. You need to get some references and model it correctly. Also, showing such an incomplete model does not help to crit, I think you should atleast get the basic shape of the head done and then post it for crits. Thats like me posting a single polygon and telling you i'm modeling a box...

[just putting the emphasis on the fact that posting something so imcomplete is hard to give any opinion on]

Best answers
Oh yea, and have fun doing high poly in milkshape, milkshape really isn't the best program to tackle high poly with. With gmax you can build a lower poly mesh control then slap mesh smooth onto it to make it high poly

edit: oh yea, dont post a "cel shaded" render because that really isn't cel shaded at all and makes it look kinda..um..pointless (trying not to sound too harsh =p)

Best answers
better? i am ulmost done with the head and when i finnish i am gona add a scar and more horns like 1 under the chin :p C&C welcome(fan model) what ever u would like on this dragon i will put hehe open ti crit...!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You call that high poly? please...

Dude... It looks ok and all ... but you really cant call that high poly... Needs way way way way more poly...

Anyway it looks good. Better render would've been nice though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cruzharo said:
You call that high poly? please...

Dude... It looks ok and all ... but you really cant call that high poly... Needs way way way way more poly...
I REALLY hope that was a joke.. It has too many polys. High poly modeling is not just throwing in random polys. Its about adding detail. For example, if you modeled in the scales, then that is detail. You really have no details. You can make a model equally as good with 200 polys.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cruzharo said:
omg -_- Dont give me this crap dude...

I am not saying it has too few poly or whatever. I said it needs more poly to be classified as a high poly model...

I only really see high poly models as somthing with (refered to in max) meshmooth or somthing applied to add extra mesh/poly.

Think of it this way, its too low to be considered to be in a cg movie or somthing so its low o_O

Blah whatever.
omg -_-
...crackerjack is right... cruzharo. that is very high poly. 600+ polies and he isn't even done with the face, maybe 25% done... if that. Id say he is over-poly'ing it.

Anyway, I love it so far. Where'd u get the idea/pic. It looks very cool. I am into the chinese culture myself, so if thats what u were intending it to look like, gj. How you get the black lines in there, sorta looks cel-shaded...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think we need to go any further into the high/low poly argument.

but for the record, crackerjack is right. cruzharo, you need to look up the definition of high poly, or rather, high resolution modeling.

now, back on topic please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom