High ping

Best answers
Hey folks..on almost all servers, my ping is about 150.

This is really wierd because in almost all games I get pings of under 100...

What could be causing this? Should I open some ports? Do I need to disable my router's firewall?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Demonic Spoon said:
Hey folks..on almost all servers, my ping is about 150.

This is really wierd because in almost all games I get pings of under 100...

What could be causing this? Should I open some ports? Do I need to disable my router's firewall?
My ping is always usually over 100, but it doesn't really bother me, but i think it might just be ESF, because when i went to a Natural Selection server my ping is between 30-60, Or it might just be the server your on.

Best answers
Out of all the servers, there were maybe one or two with people in them with a ping under 100..

I would think it was just ESF...but then I played a game today where there were about 3 people with 50 ping.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What country are you from and what connection type and speed do you have?

Best answers
I'm in Ohio, and I have a cable connection. I never have ping problems with any other game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HL2Files? That's a UK-based server I think.

Refresh the server list, sort them by ping and then take a screenshot of the window and put it up here.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
there just arent that much servers in the area NEAR you. No wonder you get a high ping when the server is on the other side of earth :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess you could always make your own server and hope that people near you will join, otherwise there isn't much you can do except wait for the 1.3-release-server-boom.

Best answers
Wait...so all those servers are europien?

Woah...

Time for me to make my own server.

It would be the best American server ever. With Blackjack. And Hookers.

Except I just realized that noone can see/join my server when I host...and I don't know why.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
set "sv_lan 0" without the quotation marks in the console or your server config and make sure the required ports are not blocked for your server to be seen by others.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thuoght I replied :p

As overlord said, make sure sv_lan is set to 0, and make sure your router/modem isnt blocking any ports.

also, do you have a firewall on?

Best answers
I have a router firewall, but I turned that off...

I put Sv_Lan to 0 and still people can't join :(

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
]Z|R[ server is in America, and its at the top of your list... If you get 150 there you probably have spyware or something.

Best answers
Sorry to revive the thread...but I was playing in a US server and everyone had low pings...cept me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
did you try the ZR or digipimps server? they ought to give you a low ping, well atleast they say so at latency, try one of those, then if you're alone in the server, jsut wait a while, after a while someone will join if they see someone else in the server too.

If you still have high ping, then I really don't know, try to close all unnecessary background programs and then try again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom