Hhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeellllllllppppppppppp!!!!!!!

Best answers
Whenever I Join a server, I can't play. It says cl_flushentitypacket or something like that on the upper right side of the screen. I can't even move anywhere because it's lagging so bad. I've tried like 4 or 5 differrent servers and they all do this. While it's saying that my ping is like over 1000, and that is horrible. Can someone please tell me why it's doing this? is there any way to fix it? By the way, I have 56k and I wonder if you have to have cable, dsl, t1.... etc. to play???? I can play counter-strike just fine, but this is HORRIBLE. PLEASE HELP!!!! Sorry about all of the questions :talk:

:cry: o_o

Best answers
i have a 56k also and i get lag all the time. but that cl_flushentitypacket thing is just lag i think. i used to get that. and you dont have to have to have cable or dsl to play, its just better if you do.

Best answers
Hey Mystic, thanks for the reply. I'm glad to hear that my 56k will work, but can you give me some IP addresses that you play on? Every server i've been to I lag too bad to even move. Thanks for all you're help.

Best answers
Check Gametiger (Gametiger.com) for one of the ESF servers... the official ones. I'm sure you won't ping too badly on those if you can manage to locate them. I'm not very experienced with Gametiger myself, but hey, it's an idea.

Best answers
What spec is your computer?

It could be that you have the settings for Half-Life too high for your computer to handle. This happend to me once.

Esforces uses more computer power than counter-strike.

Might not be that but just an idea...

Best answers
Alright, now, I work on a 56k modem as well, so I know your pain. It's happened to me, too, but there are some ways to fight it.

First off, I'd try to avoid joining servers with too high a ping; say, for Gametiger, when you're joining, it'll give you a projected ping. Ping is how long the server takes to react from signals sent by your computer, so, the lower it is, the better. For a 56k, I'd say expect about 300-400 for a ping, any higher is laggy, but still playable. If you're lucky, you'll get a ping of about 200-something. I'd search for low-ping servers; when you check out a server's stats, it'll tell you the "bogo ping", so look for a low one.

Secondly, anything else you may have running, Yahoo messenger, AIM, ICQ, Kazaa (*especially Kazaa!!!! *) will eat up your bandwith, or net speed. Close all the other online applications, except for your ISP (AOL or whatever), so your modem will be focused wholly on the game.

Third, if someone say, picks up the phone in your house while you're in the game, it'll freeze up; and eventually it'll say "Connection Problem" which means that, when someone picked up the phone, you lost your connection with the server.

I know, it's tough with a 56k, but you can sometimes play a really good game, despite that.

~Willow "Master of high-ping game physics!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom