HFIL... really means HELL >_<

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the number of maps keeps going up like it is now, I'd say, a lot, and then I really mean a lot!

Best answers
That's awesome, maps that don't lag! Hey, I read your thing where you said you needed refferance pictures. I'll send some to you in a Private Message.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yet another sexy map for me to admire ;).

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah. They'll probably take out most of the ones we love now.... Oh well...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or revamp them like esf_cellgames :]

The ESF team is mean, they need to leave some of the good locations for us competition participants >.<

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um...we lost all of the nice maps from 1.1 (except for esf_city), and Im pretty sure a lot more maps have been discarded from earlier versions. We're just predicting what'll happen based on the pattern we've seen thus far o_O.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want those maps so badly, I think esf-world has all of the old 1.1 maps. The reason why we take them out is because they're getting old and dusty like the models. If we want the updates to be updates, we need to come with new stuff, not old.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Downloading them doesnt really help unless everyone has them. You cant play on a server running a map like esf_guru if you dont have the correct wad.

Best answers
Hey, I have a question, will Riverside be in 1.3 at all? Like revamped, or the same? Either one is fine, I just hope you guys keep it, it's my favorite map, but if you do, please take out the Sensu Beans.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mccdbz5 said:
Hey, I have a question, will Riverside be in 1.3 at all? Like revamped, or the same? Either one is fine, I just hope you guys keep it, it's my favorite map, but if you do, please take out the Sensu Beans.
I imagine it would be, the dragonball bug would be fixed too, unless of course they decide not to include riverside with 1.3.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Downloading them doesnt really help unless everyone has them. You cant play on a server running a map like esf_guru if you dont have the correct wad.
If they kept in all the maps, imagine the file size of the next version. Eek.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe they could release a seperate map pack with the old (1.2) maps, when 1.3 is released?

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm.. when you guys install an update.. dont you already have the old maps? or does the installer delete the old maps and place the new ones in? I dont dl the installer since I have ESF 1.3 before the installer is even made! :D

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I'm pretty sure the installer keeps what's in the directory structure intact. I know in certain games they completely remove the directory structure and it's file to prevent "user-related" bugs from popping up, because of how users like to create custom scripts, or custom models, skins, textures, etc. But for ESF, I do not believe this is a problem that would require removing the entire directory structure before installing the actual game.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No. When I installed 1.2 (previously having 1.1) it deleted everything. All my precious maps and *.wads were deleted. You can't download a new version with outback up your old files or else the installer will delete them.

::EDIT:: if it doesn't delete it (which I doubt) it overwrites it. In any case, your maps/sprites/everything else is gone :(

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I'll make the pool a tad bigger soon.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Secksah, CS!

What does the light-blue text say on the 2nd picture, near the crosshair? I cannot read it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom